Thread: Late Bloomer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Late Bloomer

Hello everyone! My name is Doe. I am a belly dance student with no aspirations to perform for anyone other than family. Until 3-4 years ago, I had never really danced or even participated in sports. I become interested while watching fitTv's Shimmy and have been hooked ever since. I practiced on my own for a year now and then, but took classes for a couple of months while working in Portland the summer of 2011. I am drawn to tribal fusion styles and this year actually had two short workshops with Rachel Brice ( swoon), but my job involves traveling to rural areas where there are no dance classes.
    I am finding time for online classes with Datura online. (Rachel Brice's studio) I have never been happier than I have been since becoming a dance student.
    Every year my family gathers together at Christmas and we have started doing a little talent show instead of exchanging gifts with adults. So my performing will be limited to four or five minutes a year for family in my living room.
    I am excited to find this forum, since there are so few chances for me to listen and learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Doe, welcome to the forum! Wow, what a wonderful Christmas tradition! ^^ I love the idea of getting together with family and having a talent show just for each other!

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. Sounds like fun using your dancing as a gift of entertainment for family.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! What a great family tradition! I think I'll suggest it next time we have a family reunion, though it might go over like squashed gopher steak with the few reticent members of the family.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like my mothers side of the family though I have no idea how they would react if I performed at a reunion. Welcome!