Late Bloomer

nursedoe

Hello everyone! My name is Doe. I am a belly dance student with no aspirations to perform for anyone other than family. Until 3-4 years ago, I had never really danced or even participated in sports. I become interested while watching fitTv's Shimmy and have been hooked ever since. I practiced on my own for a year now and then, but took classes for a couple of months while working in Portland the summer of 2011. I am drawn to tribal fusion styles and this year actually had two short workshops with Rachel Brice ( swoon), but my job involves traveling to rural areas where there are no dance classes.
I am finding time for online classes with Datura online. (Rachel Brice's studio) I have never been happier than I have been since becoming a dance student.
Every year my family gathers together at Christmas and we have started doing a little talent show instead of exchanging gifts with adults. So my performing will be limited to four or five minutes a year for family in my living room.
I am excited to find this forum, since there are so few chances for me to listen and learn.

Farasha Hanem

Hi, Doe, welcome to the forum! :D Wow, what a wonderful Christmas tradition! ^^ I love the idea of getting together with family and having a talent show just for each other! :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Sounds like fun using your dancing as a gift of entertainment for family. :D
~Mosaic

Shanazel

Welcome! What a great family tradition! I think I'll suggest it next time we have a family reunion, though it might go over like squashed gopher steak with the few reticent members of the family. ;)

Ariadne

Sounds like my mothers side of the family though I have no idea how they would react if I performed at a reunion. :lol: Welcome!