Share your odd bd videos

Mosaic

Super Moderator
BRAIN BLEACH! BRAIN BLEACH NOW! IT CANNOT BE UNSEEN! :shok::wall:

Makes you miss Sadie & Kaya on AGT doesn't it? :lol:

What can I say - there are some very sick people out there - Sirene's brain bleach said it all:lol:
~Mosaic

AndreaSTL

That poor snake.

Too bad they edited out the actual dancing. I'm oddly curious about what she did.

When the rosette that covers the dancer's belly button is bigger than her G-string you know you're in trouble.

Dunyah

I've been afraid to look at some of the videos posted above - don't want to need eye bleach, lol. What has been seen can never be unseen <shudder>.

So here's an antidote. It's a short video of the Middle Eastern Dance Guild's entry in the recent Eugene Celebration Parade. Out of 100 entries, we won Best in Show! This year's theme was Get.Down.Town. In case you can't read them, the signs say "Claudette," (camel), "Belly Dance Husbands," (men pulling the oxcart), "I Miss My Mummie," and "Queen of the Nile." The last large banner says Get.Down.Town 3rd Friday every month Dance Show at Cozmic. Middle Eastern Dance Guild. medge.org

I'm in purple, dressed as an Ouled Nail dancer and playing qarqabas (yes, two differen cultures, but it worked well for the parade). My husband is with the band on the trailer, in a blue shirt and playing the zurna, you can only see his back.

It was really fun, hundreds of hours of work were put into this, but it brought our Guild together in a wonderful way. And it was nice to win!

[video=youtube_share;nsOObvqLOHE]http://youtu.be/nsOObvqLOHE[/video]

Shanazel

I've been afraid to look at some of the videos posted above - don't want to need eye bleach, lol. What has been seen can never be unseen <shudder>.

Cowgirl up, D! Take a step into the unknown.:lol:

Jane

You have to fast forward through that bit. Why would anyone tag this as belly dance? Let alone put this up in public as belly dance. I just don't get it.

Aniseteph

Aha*, no, you get a much better overall effect if you don't fast forward. I was carried along with a combination of musing on a) whether there was any belly dance going on out of shot, b) why nobody checked the camera angle, c) the suspense of would there be any belly dance at all (nope), and last but by no means least d) what did the flag say. And then there was the spaced out way the camera couldn't cope with fast motion. I watched the lot. :D

* or should that be Arrrr. Enough with the belly dance pirates. Please.

Amulya

I had the feeling the dancer wasn't very happy to be there, she looked grumpy (or drunk, wasn't sure) but yes why tag that as belly dance? Why put it up at all? There is barely any dancing at all.

Darshiva

I was watching that last night & hubby asked me what it was. I said 'a weird bellydancing video that doesn't have any actual dancing in most of it' and he just sighed and said 'not again'. I think I might be spending too much time in this thread!

Jane

I made my husband watch it too. He laughed and laughed :lol:

Long ago I made him watch the Bene Gesserit belly dance video and he laughed for a week.

Amulya

I don't think I could show any of these clips to my guy, he would run off screaming hahaha. He has no patience for bullsh*t videos haha. Why do we do this to ourselves? I have watched all of them! My poor brain!

Jane

Yeah, the Thought Provoking Videos can be anything really. Some I like even if they are different. I laugh at the absurdity of a lot of them because they are just so bad. The worst ones make me furious at the lack of thought, taste, and skill. These people perform in public and some of them even teach :mad: and we wonder why belly dance jobs are getting harder and harder to find. Disheartening.