Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I got it too. Now have to find the time without the family or pets bugging me to give it my full attention.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had a single chance yet to sit and listen/work with it yet hopefully I will over the coming weeks, closes finish this week for the year so i'll be needing something to fill my time
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for resurrecting this thread (and for those of you who already read this on facebook, too) but I just listened through Personal Style SNAFUs (complete from beginning to end this time and verbally doing the exercises while I was doing some housework)

If you've been wondering whether or not to get it, get it. It's given me a huge amount of clarity on a little project of mine, and further working through will, I'm sure, resolve this clarity into laser-like focus. I really needed this. I was floundering unnecessarily pushing myself away from the natural direction my project was taking and upon reflection my project's natural direction was the right one and a damn sight closer to the end point than I'd realised.

It also made me realise that now's a good time to drop the pressure to work on things that aren't going to further my current dance goals and maybe work on them later when they might actually mesh with what I actually do.

Clarity, relief and reaffirmation. Without being pushy. And only $20!

Post Thanks / Like

I loved this recording! I also highly recommend this and others from "The Belly Dance Geek"

Post Thanks / Like

So those of you who got it, let's talk about it? What did you learn? Did anything surprise you?

Post Thanks / Like

I mostly learned that my approach to bellydance is fantastic. My approach to innovation, however, was beyond f*ed up. I've been developing my own style for a few years now without ever realising it, all the while trying to develop my own style and going 'oh hell, this isn't working... I should do...'. And the program made me realise that I'd already developed my style a very long way and not only that, I had been TEACHING it, just not with the music I usually use for it myself.

So I think I might start teaching it with the right music and giving it a formal name (which the program also helped me resolve).

It's been a turning point for me. It also gave me the courage to put down the Keti Sharif coursework until I decide I want to play with it again - which could conceivably be never. After years of beating myself up over never getting the motivation to do it, I realised that it's not on the path I currently want for my dance development. Later, if I'm in that mind-set, maybe. But now? No.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered it on the strength of some excellent reviews and currently being at a strange and unsatisfying place in my dance journey. I hope it helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to order this later in March. Sounds fabo.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Useful for a newbie?

There have been some great reviews of this course and I am considering getting it. My concern is that I've not been dancing that long (3 years) and I have very little performance, choreography and improv experience. Is it going to be a useful tool for a relative dance newbie? Or will I need lots of dance experience that I can to apply to the learning?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is a good tool for a newbie. There's a lot to work with in here, and the advice given applies to all levels from a continuing beginner up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast