Bhuz

xylia1225

Apparently the issue is with Internet Explorer. You know, the browser that most people use. It should be fixed in a few days (as a geek myself I cannot believe the software developers never tested in on IE!)

Where is Bhuz based? If it's based in the US that would explain not caring about IE...we hate IE in the states :lol: I use Chrome and never had a problem with Bhuz, but I only go for the costume threads

Kashmir

Where is Bhuz based? If it's based in the US that would explain not caring about IE...we hate IE in the states :lol: I use Chrome and never had a problem with Bhuz, but I only go for the costume threads
You may hate it - but between 30%-40% of people (in the States) still use it. That's millions of users. No responsible IT person can ignore that sort of percentage (said by someone with over 25 years experience in the industry).

Darshiva

Yup. Good web people will troubleshoot in a wide variety of browsers just to ensure that their product is accessible by the maximum number of people. It's what my web guy does & it just makes good sense. I certainly wouldn't pay someone who consistently ignored a browser for website functionality just because it wasn't fashionable.

Dunyah

Marketplace? Cross Post

Also posted in the Chat About This Website thread:
I've enjoyed the Swapmeet over on Bhuz for years, but with the recent changes there, it has lost most of its appeal. I think this is an opportunity for OD to fill the gap. I haven't used the Marketplace here very much, but if it can be a place where dancers sell directly to one another without the annoyance of a third party (which made the swapmeet more impersonal and less community-oriented) I think many sellers would come over here from Bhuz.

I know I have things I would like to sell but will probably not want to deal with the Bhuz marketplace any more. Even though I am willing to support Bhuz with a percentage of swapmeet purchases if they went back to the old format. But I don't think that is going to happen, the admin over there seems very committed to the new marketplace.

So.... how does the Marketplace work over here? I know there is a Moderator - are posts approved quickly? Is it easy to use? Guess I'll wander over there and check it out.

I don't know how you could promote the Marketplace more, but if I think this is a moment of opportunity.

Dunyah

I'm behind the times -- what happened to the Swapmeet on Bhuz?

They have instituted Enthusify, a third-party marketplace provider, with the result, many Bhuzzers feel, that the Swapmeet is no longer as personal or as easy to use to post things for sale. It may be better for buyers, we'll see, but many people preferred the old Swapmeet format.

The issue seems to be to raise revenue for Bhuz, which is why I say I would support Bhuz with a small fee every time I sold something there, for example.

Basically, the Swapmeet wasn't broken, but they tried to fix it, with very mixed results.

Last edited:

ezmasiddiqah

I am extremely unhappy with the enthusify changes and treatment of users over on bhuz (and so are MANY other people) so I will be posting some items here on Monday. Think I'm going to change my browser to open here as well. Will post in the new person thread on Monday too.

Sirène

Before I couldn't get to my notifications/inbox (IE9 user) but now when I try to log in the boxes for username and password disappear. :wall: Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something :think: