Serpentine

Alysha

Does anyone own the video Serpentine with Rachel Brice? If so can I get an honest review of it. I've been debating on getting it cuz I like her fluidity of movement, especially in her arms. Thanks in advance. :)

Ariadne

I don't own it but I did review it once when I was thinking of buying my own copy. The reviews on Amazon go really in depth as to what is on the two disks if that is what you are looking for. All I can add is that it looked really well done and if that is the style you are interested in then it should be a great fit. I have also heard great things about From A to Zoe by Zoe Jakes but I haven't reviewed them.

Ariadne

Neither am I which is why I don't own it. If I remember correctly it does cover bends but if you don't dance Tribal why would you need to learn them?

Shanazel

Weeeeeelllllllll...

I don't do tae kwan do but I arrive thirty minutes before my class arrives to practice kicking a big red bag with one of the karate instructors.

Y'never know what might be relevent. :D

Amulya

I own from A to Zoe (given to me as a present by Michelle Joyce :) ) and I really like it.
I might buy Serpentine too. I wish there was a performance DVD of their last show they toured with (was it called Serpent Rouge or something?) did they make one?

SeeJaneDance

I own Serpentine. I don't use it a ton, but I like it. She incorporates a lot of yoga (no surprise there), but the format is really nice. She repeats just enough, the video quality is super clear, and her voice over is really good. For me, at least. I know a lot of people complain that she's too neutral, but if you're going to listen to a video a lot, the "chipper, cheerful" expressions can get really old. I like it because even though I don't do tribal or fusion, she's very graceful, and focuses on extension and execution and fluidity, which are always useful. I also love the warm up.

Farasha Hanem

:shok: I forgot to respond to this earlier! :doh: I own it---and fell asleep on it. :confused: I like Rachel Brice's instructional DVD's, and am interested in Tribal, but I literally FELL ASLEEP the one time I tried it out! >.>;;;

I don't even remember enough of it to give it any decent kind of review... >.>

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

Try Zoe's one :)

The "Killer Drillz"? Have it! Love it! :D I think a lot of my problem is that ive been exhausted for months, and I tried Serpentine out on an evening when I was worn out (yeah, I know, that's bad). It was around the time my daughter and I were doing the Insanity workout together, and it left me MORE exhausted than ever. Poor Rachel, I still haven't gone back and given her DVD another try! :(

Farasha Hanem

No, although I plan to get that one, too. ;) I have her "Killer Drillz." I'll get her "A to Zoe" on Amazon sometime in the next year. Although there are a few more costumes I want to get in the next year, I'm making a list of instructional DVD's, and I'm still working through Jane's list of recommended music, but I'm getting off-topic. :redface:

I'll give Serpentine another try after the holidays, and give a better review of it here. Too much going on right now for me to do that. >.>

Munniko

I have this DVD and it has good drills for the legs and the yoga is decent. I would give you a better review, but I haven't really used it that often because I find her talking rather flat and when you have untreated ADD it is hard to follow a DVD that you can't concentrate on. Maybe once I get more focus I'll review it.