The BOB reloaded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yshka

Salome, that's amazing!!:clap:

I want one!!! no I want two:cool: lol !!! will you design different colours also?:D

Aisha Azar

T-shirts

Dear Salome,
to be honest.... I like everything about the design but the serpent, which really is not a part of belly dance.
Regards,
A'isha

Yshka

That was my thought about the snake as well A'isha. Maybe it would be an idea to design the logo with different dancers... of different styles perhaps..

just a thought :cool: the one we have now raks greatly as it is though;) .

Moon

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I followed this thread as I'm not really interested in having a T-shirt, though they're becoming more and more beautiful now. I especially like the slogans. If you ever invent some other BOB stuff, tea glasses or so, let me know.

By the way, I found this font and had to think immediately of this thread ;)

Last edited:

Yshka

Moon, those letters are beautiful!!!! I love em, gives a bit of Arabness to the bob logo:cool: like it a lot!!

chryssanthi sahar

I like the snake. It might not be directly connected to belly dance (except that we have snake-like moves in belly dance), but it's double symbolism suits the bitch thing very well. In many cultures the snake is symbol for cleverness and flexibility, in other cultures symbol for seduction and evil. In the second case, people give it bad attributes because they are afraid of it. And they are afraid, because they don't really understand the nature of a snake. And what is a bitch? An intelligent, flexible woman , who causes fear to people who don't really understand her nature. So I think that the snake fits perfectly to this subject;) .

Yshka

Chryssanthi Sahar said:
And what is a bitch? An intelligent, flexible woman , who causes fear to people who don't really understand her nature. So I think that the snake fits perfectly to this subject;)

wow, I hadn't thought of it in this perspective. This input gives the snake an entirely different connotation. Like it lol:cool:

I've designed two logos with the font Moon came up with. As soon as my computer starts acting normal I'll show them up here.

Aisha Azar

Bob

Dear Chryssanthi and Yshka,
In America, if people are dihonest, we say they are a "snake in the grass". Each culture has its own meanings that they give to animal symbols. Here we have many poisonous snakes and the general association with a snake is not a good one.
The word, bitch on the other hand, can be a back-handed compliment in this country.
Regards,
A'isha

Yshka

Dear A'isha, that is also true.. around here a snake also has mostly a negative connotation but could also be seen as the things Chryssanthi described.

I nevertheless like the way the logo looks. Maybe one could design some with different dancers, for whoever likes any of those (with/without snake, different styles maybe..). BOB's are a very mixed crowd:cool:

chryssanthi sahar

As I mentioned in my last posting, I find the snake perfect as a symbol of a bitch, exactly because of it's ambivalent reputation. If I am a bitch, I should have the courage to stand up against prejudices in the society where I live. If the society considers something bad, although it is not (in this case the snake) and I go conform with the society and condemn this thing (or person, or dance, or whatever), just because society dictate this, then I am not a bitch. Bitches don't have a problem representing their opinion, even if it is against the main stream.
In this case with the snake though, the question is: do I personally like the snake or not? If I do like it, I should have it on my T-shirt, unregarded the fact how it is seen in my society. If I don't like, I shouldn't have it, even it has a very positive meaning in my cultural background. A bitch always does what she thinks is right and not what everybody else around her think, that is right.
O.k. I think I am a very hard cord bitch:lol:

Salome

Administrator
Greetings all,

I really liked the figure in the design, it's got attitude, it's campy and beautiful at the same time. Also and importantly it translates well to T-shirt printing. I worked with several pictures that I liked before this one but were not realistic due to the fact that they were photographs of dancers and would be difficult to deal with printing wise. My screen printer has to, among other things, seperate each color and in a photograph there are so many colors, shades, shadows that give the photo life...

I realize whatever design I do it's not going to please everyone, for different reasons. And I am open to working on a second design so there can be two options. So if anyone has a picture (that I have the right to use in a design and sell on T-shirt/tank top) that is a line drawing please send it to me and I'll see what I can do.

Safran

Until we wait for our cool blue shirts to appear on the store here, I have a small treat for you. I used Yshka's wonderful logo (ah, you're such an artist!), which looks really good on a white T-shirt and made a Christmas gift to a fellow dancer... She absolutely LOVES the shirt as well as the idea behind it.

Salome

Administrator
How fun Maariku.

The screen printer got back to me and unfortunately the image is at to low of a resolution! So it's back to the drawing board. Or I can use Yshka's logo, if it's ok with her...

Aisha Azar

Bob

Dear Maaeiku,
The shirt is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to have some T-shirts made up, hopefully in January. Yshka gave me permission to use the logo, too, and I think its great!! Mine will probably say "Ask me about BOB" on the back. I want to get them for my dance company.
Regards,
A'isha

Fire Lily

What have I missed?? Bloody hell!
Dont know about the t shirt thing for me. Namely cause I can't afford to. But it's a great idea! I seem to lack the ability to meet new people successfully because they seem to ignore me when I try to make conversation.
So I figure this is my way of biting back. Can I be a BOB?

Fire Lily

Status
Not open for further replies.