Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

*waves hand excitedly*

Can I be a BOB too?

I've been know to have some, *ahem*, strong opinions from time to time!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bob

Dear Zorba,
    You are a FULLY qualified BOB!! NO need to join, you are a member already, merely by virtue of being the stellar human being that you are!!

BTW in the 80s I belonged to an interesting association. We were called the "Society of Perfect People, or SPP. Our motto?? "Perfect isn't what we do; it's how we are." ( Note the "perfect" use of punctuation for this trademark!!).

I'm thinking we need a motto to go with our virtual t-Shirts.... suggestions anyone??
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

potential motto:

"Bitches of Bellydance: Just cause we were shiny stuff doesn't mean that we can't be tough!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A'isha Azar View Post
    Amulya, I can not imagine anyone having anything negative to say about the way you express yourself. Your opinions are always very tactfully stated and I sometimes wish I had your gift for saying it just right!
    A'isha, do you really think so (well, thanks for the compliment) ? I often get emails or messages of people saying I am a bitch and that I am a mean and nasty person! I have said a few things in the past that I am not proud of, so I have toned down quite a bit, but still people keep bashing me. For example about the UBDCs, or if I comment that I don't like a selasy video clip...

Post Thanks / Like

Default BOBs

Dear Amulya,
    I occasionally get "hate mail", too!! I am not sure why some opinions are so threatening to people that they simply MUST respond with such venom.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Dear ladies,

I don't know about you, but the prospect of someday saying what's really on my mind and NOT having anyone get upset or offended in some way or another, is far more frightening to me than the occasional trouble it brings me. If that's any comfort. :-P

On another note, Amulya, UBDC's rule! Can I convince you to start again the discussion sometime?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone, I was out for a couple of days, seems like I sure missed a big part of the discussion. So here's my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Aisha Azar:
    There is a site where a member of THIS group has made very unfair remarks about me, personally, not having anything but conjecture to comment on my dancing. Stuff like "I doubt she dances much", "thinks she knows everything",
    I can't believe anyone would do that. Just by the way you speak it's clear that you truly know your stuff and are full of dance wisdom. I for one (and certainly many others) really appreciate what you have to say, since there's a lot of truth in your words and you are so sincere about our beloved dance. Besides, there's so much we can learn from you!
    Makes me sad anyone would say something like that about you But I guess people will always say bad things about someone else to make themselves feel better.
    I bet the person who said this about you doesn't dance much herself, and clearly has no knowledge, or even common sense at all.

Originally posted by Michelle:
    potential motto:

"Bitches of Bellydance: Just cause we were shiny stuff doesn't mean that we can't be tough!"
    Sounds good, we'd be like bellydance community patrol we should get shiny beady fringy uniforms lol.

Amulya, I totally agree with Zurah, I love your UBDC's, you should keep collecting those. As long as there's UBDC's out there I feel we are allowed to show them and comment on them. If people want us to stop doing that, they should stop creating UBDC's alltogether, and since that;s not going to happen...

Zorba, *waves back to Zorba* you're in! Welcome to BOB . A'isha, I think it's time for us to develop a male BOB Tee as well now.
    Last edited by Yshka; 07-09-2006 at 11:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zurah View Post
    On another note, Amulya, UBDC's rule! Can I convince you to start again the discussion sometime?

Quote Originally Posted by Yshka View Post
    Amulya, I totally agree with Zurah, I love your UBDC's, you should keep collecting those. As long as there's UBDC's out there I feel we are allowed to show them and comment on them. If people want us to stop doing that, they should stop creating UBDC's alltogether, and since that;s not going to happen...
    I shall think on this . Not sure if I want to stirr anything again. At the other hand the UBDC are sooooo much fun.....

Post Thanks / Like

Amulya, they are indeed a lot of fun, and it's not like we say anything bad about the dancers themselves, not even about the costumes ( we just think they look funny). People should stop acting weird about it, I guess since it was their choice to wear an UBDC in the first place. It's not personal or anything. UBDC's rule

Post Thanks / Like

Meet Joyce, a cyber belly dancer who actually belongs to Bhuz, but for this occasion she visits Orientaldancer.net Of course she has a very appropriate costume...

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast