The BOB reloaded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yshka

Hi girls,

Originally posted by Chryssanthi Sahar:
I don't know, but I like less and less the idea of having a mission statement. Somehow it sounds strange to me to be "a BOB with a mission". It reminds me of former times, when I used to be a christian fundamentalist (I was participating the organization "Youth with a mission" then). This whole missionary stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Dear Chryssanthi, wow, I didn't think of it this way yet, but the way you put it really makes me feel the 'mission statement' thing can be a bit much.
A slogan would do just as good, I very much liked yours lol.

Dear A'isha, your slogan sounds great! It's not offensive, and says it all without saying too much, at the same time leaving room for much input of every BOB for his/herself, like A'isha said: it can be interpreted in any way.

A slogan would ofcourse also look better on the back of a T, they wouldn't have to follow us around to read lol:D

Yshka

Upping the thread

So erhm... yeah I had a bit too much time on my hands... started fooling around with some pictures and Paint...

This logo came out: Enjoy:cool:

(Feel free to use for whatever you like)

Last edited:

Yshka

Thanks Moon, maybe you could edit in Paint to have it say "Moon" instead of BOB ;)

*added a male BOB too now..

Sara

I want one too! (although I do actually consider myself to be a not very bitchy person)

I think pinks a good idea. And a slogan on the back too is brill.

I think something a bit funny though to lighten it up, so it's not like cow bitch.

Yshka

Well we don't actually have to be bitchy, just strongly opinionated, true to our dance AND we should have the BOB-factor (read earlier in this thread):D Which obviously we are/have.

Sara said:
I think something a bit funny though to lighten it up, so it's not like cow bitch.

Good idea Sara, we could do this with a small slogan or saying underneath the "bitches of bellydance" thing that goes on the back..

Any suggestions? A'isha and Shanazel came up with some pretty good ones earlier:)

Last edited:

Aisha Azar

t-shirts

Dear Yshka,
The BOB T is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want some for realsies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one for each emmber of my dance company for Christmas gifts!!!
Salome, are you and Anatoliy still thinking of seriously making the BOB T???

( I think the statement on the back should say
"Ask me about BOB")

Regards,
A'isha

Yshka

Dear A'isha, Thank you!!! And your slogan is brilliant!! I liked the other one you came up with as well.

I'm so going to try and get them for real too. If you want to get some printed feel free to take the logo I put up or send me a PM so I can send the logo to you (in any colour you like or bigger...)

I'm thinking of finishing it to be perfect and then taking it to our local print shop in a few weeks to get it printed on a tanktop for dance class:D Just figuring out what to put on the back, would you mind if I put on one of your statements?

Salome and Anatoliy, I do hope you go on and invent those T's for real, that would be amazing (if you come up with another logo when inventing a real T please show us!!)

Yshka

Aisha Azar

BOB Etc.

Dear Yshka,
I would LOVE it if you sent me Logo in Redletters/ black dancers, and since it is your personal intellectual property, also your permission to use it???
Can you please send it to my personal email (aishaazar@raqsazar.com). Can I then just take it to a screen printer and have the shirts done myself??
Yes, Yshka,please feel free to use any slogans, etc, that I contributed to this part of the forum.
OOOHHH this is so fun!!
Regards,
A'isha

Safran

Yshka, I LOVE the logos! And A'isha - the idea giving those shirts as Christmas pressies is wonderful!

Now I just have to figure out where the closest print shop is! :)

Yshka

Dear Maariku, thanks!!

Dear A'isha, you have my permission to take the logo and get it printed! I will finish it and send it to you. This is really cool:D !!

Thanks for having me use your slogans, this will be awesome lol!

I suggest when we get our real life T's we take pictures and show here:D

Yshka

Dear Marie, glad you like it!

Lol, this could become like a new bellydance-protectional-rage, If people around the globe start popping up with BOB-items, we'd sure make a fine International-society-for-prevention-of-cruelty-to-MED:D

da Sage

If people around the globe start popping up with BOB-items, we'd sure make a fine International-society-for-prevention-of-cruelty-to-MED:D

Woohoo! BOB is a lot easier to write (and say) than ISFPOCTMED!

As long as you promise not to impose a bellydance frippery embargo on those of us who are less knowledgable!;)

gwinity

Yshka, those are brilliant! :) They'd look cool in a black tee, with the dancer in white or a soft pale version of the text?

You know, a cheap effective way of getting stuff like this printed is cafepress.com. You upload your own designs, choose what items you want it on (anything from tees to thongs to bags to books to mugs to mousemats), and you only get charged when a copy is ordered and printed off, as opposed to having hundreds of them in a warehouse somewhere.

Another forum I'm involved with uses cafepress as a fundraiser and to get merchandise out there, so I'd highly recommend them to go through if you want the BOB (and other designs people come up with) for real. :)

Demelza

well stuff that....I'm not waiting for replies. I KNOW i qualify for one - if not more !!! I don't mean to be a bitch but I know full well that I am one. . and peopel often tell me that I am, and but that they still love me for it at the same time ! And anyway ladies, just as we women like a bastard, I KNOW that men like a bitch. right men????

Mariesaffron

well stuff that....I'm not waiting for replies. I KNOW i qualify for one - if not more !!! I don't mean to be a bitch but I know full well that I am one. . and peopel often tell me that I am, and but that they still love me for it at the same time ! And anyway ladies, just as we women like a bastard, I KNOW that men like a bitch. right men????

yes, Demelza, I know what you are talking about, we were raised to be " good girls " but situations arrived where you have to choose first, being a bitch, or secund, let others walk over you, or take advantage of you, I decided for the first, only thing I am concerned with is here where I live BOB means bring you own bottle. Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.