The BOB reloaded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yshka

Hi There,

Since there's a new forum, let us continue BOB tradition over here as well.

Bitchy hugs and glad we're back in business! We'll be up and running again in No time:p

Iris:cool:

Amulya

Thanks for the return of the BOB, I was getting serious withdrawal effects!
Bitchy hugs back from Australia :)

Now we are anyway on this topic, I wonder how it is that one some forums people can accept 'bitchiness' (I wouldn't call it bitchiness, I would call it: having strong opinions) and on other forums people can't. There is a site where people keep bashing me for having strong opinions but on Oriental Dancer.net I feel totally free to have them and share them, and I am happy to see I am not the only one with strong opinions.
Another thing that annoys me is that in the beginning when I started posting on internet no one ever bashed me for having opinions, but as soon as I got a bit more well-known people didn't accept it anymore. So what's up? Does it mean that if you get more known you are not entitled on having opinions anymore?
I even tried to keep my mouth shut for a year, didn't help of course. People will still remember. So I decided it is better to be honest then try to adjust to everyone:)

Maria_Aya

I believe that orientaldancer is the more classy place in internet for oriental dancers!!!
We all discuss our opinions how matter opposite they are, with dignity and a good mate feeling.
Yes i have felt the same with you Amulya, but I dont stop, this is not the solution. They dont really tell me anything, just I get ignored lol

BOB hug!!!!

Maria Aya:)

Michelle

Since when did having 'strong opinions' become a bad thing? I don't know about you girls, but when I was growing up, I was taught to stand up for what I believed in and that strong women are a good thing....

BOBs rak!

Suheir

Since when did having 'strong opinions' become a bad thing? I don't know about you girls, but when I was growing up, I was taught to stand up for what I believed in and that strong women are a good thing....

BOBs rak!
Amen to that! Here's to those who refuse to follow the crowd!

Aisha Azar

BOBs

Dear Group,
There is a site where a member of THIS group has made very unfair remarks about me, personally, not having anything but conjecture to comment on my dancing. Stuff like "I doubt she dances much", "thinks she knows everything",
etc.
First, I do only talk on things that I DO know about, and ask questions when I am interested and do not know about something. If that makes me a BOB, then GOODY!!!!! I would also NEVER make remarks about danciers that I have not seen, personally.
Amulya, I can not imagine anyone having anything negative to say about the way you express yourself. Your opinions are always very tactfully stated and I sometimes wish I had your gift for saying it just right!
Regards,
A'isha

Demelza

The stronger the woman the better - in any culture, or creed. And airing your own opinions is a part of being a 'strong' woman.

I think that as long as you are willing to listen to the opinion of others, you have every right to express your own.

Don't let ANYBODY stop you xx;)

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
*waves hand excitedly*

Can I be a BOB too?

I've been know to have some, *ahem*, strong opinions from time to time!

Aisha Azar

Bob

Dear Zorba,
You are a FULLY qualified BOB!! NO need to join, you are a member already, merely by virtue of being the stellar human being that you are!!

BTW in the 80s I belonged to an interesting association. We were called the "Society of Perfect People, or SPP. Our motto?? "Perfect isn't what we do; it's how we are." ( Note the "perfect" use of punctuation for this trademark!!).

I'm thinking we need a motto to go with our virtual t-Shirts.... suggestions anyone??
Regards,
A'isha

Michelle

potential motto:

"Bitches of Bellydance: Just cause we were shiny stuff doesn't mean that we can't be tough!"

Amulya

Amulya, I can not imagine anyone having anything negative to say about the way you express yourself. Your opinions are always very tactfully stated and I sometimes wish I had your gift for saying it just right!

A'isha, do you really think so (well, thanks for the compliment:)) ? I often get emails or messages of people saying I am a bitch and that I am a mean and nasty person! I have said a few things in the past that I am not proud of, so I have toned down quite a bit, but still people keep bashing me. For example about the UBDCs, or if I comment that I don't like a selasy video clip...

Aisha Azar

BOBs

Dear Amulya,
I occasionally get "hate mail", too!! I am not sure why some opinions are so threatening to people that they simply MUST respond with such venom.
Regards,
A'isha

Zurah

Dear ladies,

I don't know about you, but the prospect of someday saying what's really on my mind and NOT having anyone get upset or offended in some way or another, is far more frightening to me than the occasional trouble it brings me. If that's any comfort. :p

On another note, Amulya, UBDC's rule! Can I convince you to start again the discussion sometime?

Yshka

Hi everyone, I was out for a couple of days, seems like I sure missed a big part of the discussion. So here's my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Aisha Azar:
There is a site where a member of THIS group has made very unfair remarks about me, personally, not having anything but conjecture to comment on my dancing. Stuff like "I doubt she dances much", "thinks she knows everything",
I can't believe anyone would do that. Just by the way you speak it's clear that you truly know your stuff and are full of dance wisdom. I for one (and certainly many others) really appreciate what you have to say, since there's a lot of truth in your words and you are so sincere about our beloved dance. Besides, there's so much we can learn from you!
Makes me sad anyone would say something like that about you :( But I guess people will always say bad things about someone else to make themselves feel better.
I bet the person who said this about you doesn't dance much herself, and clearly has no knowledge, or even common sense at all.

Originally posted by Michelle:
potential motto:

"Bitches of Bellydance: Just cause we were shiny stuff doesn't mean that we can't be tough!"
Sounds good, we'd be like bellydance community patrol:D we should get shiny beady fringy uniforms lol.

Amulya, I totally agree with Zurah, I love your UBDC's, you should keep collecting those. As long as there's UBDC's out there I feel we are allowed to show them and comment on them. If people want us to stop doing that, they should stop creating UBDC's alltogether, and since that;s not going to happen...:rolleyes:

Zorba, *waves back to Zorba* you're in! Welcome to BOB :) . A'isha, I think it's time for us to develop a male BOB Tee as well now.

Last edited:

Amulya

On another note, Amulya, UBDC's rule! Can I convince you to start again the discussion sometime?

Amulya, I totally agree with Zurah, I love your UBDC's, you should keep collecting those. As long as there's UBDC's out there I feel we are allowed to show them and comment on them. If people want us to stop doing that, they should stop creating UBDC's alltogether, and since that;s not going to happen...:rolleyes:

I shall think on this ;) . Not sure if I want to stirr anything again. At the other hand the UBDC are sooooo much fun.....

Yshka

Amulya, they are indeed a lot of fun, and it's not like we say anything bad about the dancers themselves, not even about the costumes ( we just think they look funny). People should stop acting weird about it, I guess since it was their choice to wear an UBDC in the first place. It's not personal or anything. UBDC's rule:D

Amulya

Meet Joyce, a cyber belly dancer who actually belongs to Bhuz, but for this occasion she visits Orientaldancer.net :) Of course she has a very appropriate costume...

Status
Not open for further replies.