Still fresh as a peach, I'm afraid!

tim ema

Brand, brand new to BD! Been dancing for two whole days now!
I KNOW! Pretty darn impressive! LOL!

Belly is something I was always too shy to do, but with recent encouragement from my sweetie - I'm finally doing it! Very broke, so I'm learning at home right now, but ...such JOY!

I will have very little to contribute other than occassional dumb questions, but I hope to blossom!

What a wonderful forum this is!
:)
AT

Kiadorin

Welcome, tim'ema =) Your situation sounds a lot like mine. I studied at home with videos for about a year or so before I could afford to take real lessons. I was lucky, though, because my local library system had a good-sized collection of bellydance videos. Perhaps you should try that if you haven't already. At any rate, good luck =)

Inanna

Hello and welcome to the forum! I also started out just using videos. I was actually looking for new ways to get some exercise and bought a belly dance video and as soon as I watched it I was hooked and a year later I found a teacher in my area and have been taking lessons ever since. :D

Salome

Administrator
Hi there and welcome to the forum and Oriental dance. There are no dumb questions so never hesitate to ask away.

slinks

Welcome... I started out with classes for about 18 and now use videos/DVDs.... been dancing for 8 years lol

tim ema

Thank you all! Wow!
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I thought the forum would send me an email (still new to this forum stuff!). Maybe I should double check that this domain is "approved" in my email filter!

I appreciate all the welcomes! I am still so new I need all the positive vibes I can get! Trying to learn by watching YouTube and Metacafe stuff - practicing bellyrolls while I wash dishes! LOL!

Thanks again!!
AT

belly taz

hi there dance buddy welcome to the forum.....have fun asking any thing you want thats what we are all here for....to share:)

Maria_Aya

Welcome Tim'ema:)
I wish I was so lucky like you and after my first 2 days in BD to have found this wonderfull forum!!!!!!!!
Enjoy the reading and posting, in a place full of wonderfull informations

Maria Aya:)

Recnadocir

Enjoy the forum and keep an eye on the Greek ladies. They have set me straight many a time.

I'm Ricodancer/Recnadocir. Once, I was a high and mighty moderator. Now, I'm just a forgotten Rotaredom. Nay, even more humiliating- a Rebmem Roinuj.

The wheel has come full circle, I am here.

Now where are my sheeps? They shall console me, with their fluffy whiteness and their bleating endearments.

miss_shimmy

aw I am so very exited for you!!!:) and you have found the right forum,I just know you are going to love it here as much as I do.

huge warm and happy welcomes,I look forward to watching you grow as a dancer.

smiles:D

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tim ema

Thank you Maria Aya, Recnadocir and miss shimmy!

I would have responded sooner, but my email notifications from here seem to be "hit and miss"! ~~sigh!~~ much like my shimmies! LOL!

I live in a small town, so my only real access to BD is to buy videos or watch the internet so I am SO HAPPY to have found this forum!

AT

zahra

I live in a small town, so my only real access to BD is to buy videos or watch the internet so I am SO HAPPY to have found this forum!

AT

Hi Tim'ema!

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy all the interesting discussions
here- if you have questions let us know!

Check out Hadia's site ~ www.hadia.com

She is a wonderful instructor and travels often in Canada and the
world to give seminars. Her dvds are excellent.

Best wishes on your dance journey!

Zahra