Mendocino Music and Dance Camp

Dunyah

I've been twice. Highly recommended. When I was there, several years ago, there were musicians from Turkey who were so skilled, it was amazing. The best live music I've ever heard. I studied dance with the likes of Shareen el Safy, Delilah, Dalia Carella. Very impactful. The music concerts each night were fabulous.

Salome

Administrator
Every dancer should go to that camp at least once. I have been and if i didnt have an annual event that now conflicts, i would continue to go. U can eat, breath and drink dance and music from the early morning until the wee hours in the cabaret. One of the aspects that set this camp apart from xyz dance camp is that it is dance and MUSIC camp. Music and dance in equal measure. There were some monster players the year i went. The exposure to stellar turkish, Egyptian, Armenian, Iranian... concerts Every night followed by the cabaret concerts... phew its making me so jealous u get to go. Solid dance instruction too. I focused on two classes. One with souhail, and another khaleegy. I did 4 classes a day... i dont know who is teaching but... even so i totally recommend going!

Salome

Administrator
Yeah, its not cheap. But unlimited classes, meals, shows... u get your moneys worth. Check around and see if you can get in on someone's group so u can get the group discount.