Hello

Britt_713

Hello everyone,
My name is Brittany. I am 20 years old and a full time student at Unity College. This semster the school is offering an "orential dance" class that I am enrolled in. I am having a GREAT time! On the other hand I seem to be picking some things up slower than the rest of the class. I was hoping that someone could suggest a basic beginer learn at home belly dancing DVD. I know there are a lot out there, but I have no idea what the good ones are or if they will teach me what I need to know.
Thank you for your time,
Brittany

Torihime

Welcome Brittany!
I'm a beginner too and I like the dvd's from Neena & Veena. I don't have any others to compare with though ;)

Fatima

On the other hand I seem to be picking some things up slower than the rest of the class.

Welcome, Brittany. I'm a slow learner myself and I can advise you to take things easy. Don't try to rush. It's better to learn thing slow and good, than fast and wrong. I know Jenna has a new DVD and it seems to be a good one. I don't remember its title but you can find information on her website: ::: BeyondBellydance ::: Jenna ::: Venture beyond your expectations with bellydancer Jenna's solo performances and group belly dance classes; based in Manhattan, Jenna is available for Middle Eastern dance workshops and private lessons as well..

Safran

Welcome, Brittany! You are actually learning oriental dance at school - how great! I wish my uni would have had optional courses like that.

On videos, I am afraid that I can't suggest any, but look around in the "Instructors and Students" part of the forum - there is a bunch of good recommendations there!

Maria_Aya

Welcome Brittany :)
This is a great forum full of information and knowledge for oriental dance.
Dont worry about the speed you pick things on dance, because at the end the result matters not the when;)

Enjoy reading and posting

Maria Aya:)

Salome

Administrator
Hi Brittany,

I just published an article in our belly dance news section about the classes at Unity. Small world. Instructors and studnets forum has threads about instructionals, you can use the search feature to find them. Also, I'd shamelessly ad that we have a store and there are several beginning level DVD's available :)