vintage fuschia/gold bedlah, "A Show Stopper Original" ( $125) -SOLD

ezmasiddiqah

Hi Dancers -

I buy and sell most of my costumes on bhuz, but they have put a third party middleman in the swap meet, and I don't want to use it.

So Hello, I've got 9,000 posts over on bhuz and have been there since February of 2008, so people know me and am a trustworthy seller and buyer.

Here is a bedlah for sale that is too small for me. It is "A Show Stopper Original" brand made in Englewood, Colorado. According to another prominent dancer (Princess Farhana), this is approximately 20 years old. She bought one used just like this style in 1991 when she was a baby bellydancer and wished she still had it.

I have seen and owned many vintage bedlahs and this is in very good condition and ready to dance in right now. There are some large sequins missing (the beads that held them are still in place) and you can replace those by using the ones underneath the gold appliques. Some of the palettes (gold ovals and fuschia long ones) are faded, so I think it is old.

Someone on another forum asked me if the gold appliques could be removed:

"Yes, they can be removed, repositioned or not used if you wish.

When I first got the bedlah I had the same idea. Fuschia crystals would look stunning on the bra. The bra flowers are tacked with thread in two places, and the petals were lightly glued using a rubber cement type (not crazy glue or hot glue), which I was able to scrape off with my fingernail without damage to the lame fabric. The maker of this bedlah used proper materials."

I just had to see the bi-colored fringe…it looks expertly handmade, gorgeous, nicely done with dental floss. Moving so no time for redo to make it bigger for me.

belt 36" end to end, best around 32-34" for symmetry
bra end to end 27" (it will stretch more as the straps are stretchy)
unpadded soft cups,, 5.5 up/down, 6.5 side to side, 7 diagonal
underbust outer cup edge to other outer cup edge is around 11"

The double fringe on the bra and belt is on a grosgrain ribbon. Also on the ribbon are the sequins. The base is metallic lame fabric. Top line of sequins on the bra and top line of sequins on the belt is beaded through the fabric. So you could cut the belt and make it two pieces, adding fabric if you needed.

Happy to answer any questions you might have! Or if you have any advice for me as I am relatively new to this website. Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ezmasiddiqah

Hi all, this sold on ebay for $127. When I posted it here for sale I didn't realize I was out of space in the title which is why it read a cost of $12. It was posted here for $125. sold now. Will post two more costumes soon. A red pharonics skirt with a bra, skirt and beaded jacket, and a one of a kind aqua legend dress. Both of these are on ebay for more money than I would sell them for here. Thank you!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I have added sold to the title:D Glad you managed to sell it, it is gorgeous.

The new selling/buying system at Bhuz has put me off buying or selling there too.
~Mosaic