Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi! (former member)

Hi there,
    I am a former member to this board and former belly dancer. I am known as Tammyraks from bhuz. I had knee surgery several years ago and gave up dancing completely. So since then, I haven't been on this board for quite a while, I also forgot my user name and everything, yikes.

Anyways, though I have tried to revive my interest in belly dance, I just can't get back into the grove. But maybe someday, if my daughter takes up belly dance, she is 8 now. I'll have too see. I do plan to get rid of half my dance stuff and keep half just in case, my desire does return.

Nice to see you all again!!!

Tammy

PS: I just unloaded a big box of bellydance costuming supply/ half finished belts, etc...,. that I was never going to finish to a friend, who has taken up belly dance the last few years. Feels kind of freeing.
    Last edited by Tammyraks; 01-02-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: add something

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back!

Post Thanks / Like

, so if you're not dancing are you doing anything else?

I would miss it heaps if i couldn't dance.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both!

I was fustrated at first, of losing my dance ability, then got into other things like doll collecting and books. I did water walking/ and did belly dance moves in the pool for the logest time. Need to get back to working out in the pool again.The last workshops I attened was Little Egypt's 2011 Summer event with Aida Nour, Randa Kamel, but I just can't do what I once did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    , so if you're not dancing are you doing anything else?

I would miss it heaps if i couldn't dance.
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

Where on the coast do you live, if you don't mind sharing? I grew up in Kingsville with shorter sojourns in Brownsville and Texas City.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in a town near Texas City.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Where on the coast do you live, if you don't mind sharing? I grew up in Kingsville with shorter sojourns in Brownsville and Texas City.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember going to Houston the first time when I was a little girl. As we drove into the city limits, my dad said, "A quarter of a million people live here!"

Imagine.

Post Thanks / Like

Houston is big, we live right between Houston and Galveston. Which is not too bad. I use to live 100 miles from Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    I remember going to Houston the first time when I was a little girl. As we drove into the city limits, my dad said, "A quarter of a million people live here!"

Imagine.