Hi! (former member)

Tammyraks

Hi there,
I am a former member to this board and former belly dancer. I am known as Tammyraks from bhuz. I had knee surgery several years ago and gave up dancing completely. So since then, I haven't been on this board for quite a while, I also forgot my user name and everything, yikes:D.

Anyways, though I have tried to revive my interest in belly dance, I just can't get back into the grove. But maybe someday, if my daughter takes up belly dance, she is 8 now. I'll have too see. I do plan to get rid of half my dance stuff and keep half just in case, my desire does return.

Nice to see you all again:D!!!

Tammy

PS: I just unloaded a big box of bellydance costuming supply/ half finished belts, etc...,. that I was never going to finish to a friend, who has taken up belly dance the last few years. Feels kind of freeing.

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
, so if you're not dancing are you doing anything else?

I would miss it heaps if i couldn't dance.
~Mosaic

Tammyraks

Thank you both:)!

I was fustrated at first, of losing my dance ability, then got into other things like doll collecting and books. I did water walking/ and did belly dance moves in the pool for the logest time. Need to get back to working out in the pool again.The last workshops I attened was Little Egypt's 2011 Summer event with Aida Nour, Randa Kamel, but I just can't do what I once did:(.

, so if you're not dancing are you doing anything else?

I would miss it heaps if i couldn't dance.
~Mosaic

Shanazel

Where on the coast do you live, if you don't mind sharing? I grew up in Kingsville with shorter sojourns in Brownsville and Texas City.

Shanazel

I remember going to Houston the first time when I was a little girl. As we drove into the city limits, my dad said, "A quarter of a million people live here!"

Imagine. :shok:

Tammyraks

Houston is big, we live right between Houston and Galveston. Which is not too bad. I use to live 100 miles from Houston:).

I remember going to Houston the first time when I was a little girl. As we drove into the city limits, my dad said, "A quarter of a million people live here!"

Imagine. :shok: