Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm finally doing it!

So, I know I've been absent from the forum for the past couple of weeks (sorry about that, finals have been driving me crazy, just gotta hang in there for 2 more weeks). I did however want to share this since this was the effect of the forum on me.

I mentioned this before when I first joined, I've been bellydancing since before I could truly remember, I think I was four or five when my parents started noticing my attachment to the dance. It was a regular activity for me until my secondary school years, that was around the time bellydance changed from a regular to every long once in a while activity. They've been a few really bad years for me, struggling with depression, weight, and a pile of other stuff.

But, I joined the forum and started feeling motivated again to go back THE one form of dance I enjoy the most and am passionate about, as well as pursue my goal to get back to a healthier lifestyle and size while focusing on my school/career/life related goals.

So, after a long time, I'm finally back to eating healthy, exercising and most of all...belly dancing!

I have a 90 minute session scheduled today (I dance on my own in my own place) and I danced about two days ago for 30 minutes or so. Man, am I rough! I'm sure it'll come back to me better once I shake off the rust.

So, thank you guys. It's been a long time since I've been motivated enough to actually get up in the morning, draw, paint, listen to Bellydance music and actually dance. Being here really helped me.

I'll try my best to keep you guys updated, and maybe one day I'll be confident enough with my shape and dancing again to post a video of myself dancing.

Post Thanks / Like

YAY!

Dance in all joy!

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you are back to doing something you love!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I'm so happy for you, and very happy our forum has helped you. You are most definitely a blessing to us. Many, many hugs!

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you sounds like 2013 is going to be a very good year for you, regaining your joy & health
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

YAY, MIZZY!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like

How could we not like you, MizzNaaa? You're a real live Egyptian who belly dances.

You're also the first person I have noticed on this forum whose reputation points have exceeded number of posts. More than double, in fact, and that's something to take a justifiable pride in. Trust me, the folks here don't give them out unless they mean it. [It's also amazing how high my reputation is considering the toes I have stepped on the cans of worms I have opened..... but that's a story for another day.]

Wishing you good luck and success with dancing and whatever else you decide to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    How could we not like you, MizzNaaa? You're a real live Egyptian who belly dances.

You're also the first person I have noticed on this forum whose reputation points have exceeded number of posts. More than double, in fact, and that's something to take a justifiable pride in. Trust me, the folks here don't give them out unless they mean it. [It's also amazing how high my reputation is considering the toes I have stepped on the cans of worms I have opened..... but that's a story for another day.]

Wishing you good luck and success with dancing and whatever else you decide to do.
    Awwww, but we love you, too, Erik!

Post Thanks / Like

YAY!!! I'm sure one day you will be showing us video of your wonderful dancing skills.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
    2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
    3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
    4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners
    ~ Attributed to Dick Crum, a folk dance teacher ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast