I'm finally doing it!

MizzNaaa

So, I know I've been absent from the forum for the past couple of weeks (sorry about that, finals have been driving me crazy, just gotta hang in there for 2 more weeks). I did however want to share this since this was the effect of the forum on me.

I mentioned this before when I first joined, I've been bellydancing since before I could truly remember, I think I was four or five when my parents started noticing my attachment to the dance. It was a regular activity for me until my secondary school years, that was around the time bellydance changed from a regular to every long once in a while activity. They've been a few really bad years for me, struggling with depression, weight, and a pile of other stuff.

But, I joined the forum and started feeling motivated again to go back THE one form of dance I enjoy the most and am passionate about, as well as pursue my goal to get back to a healthier lifestyle and size while focusing on my school/career/life related goals.

So, after a long time, I'm finally back to eating healthy, exercising and most of all...belly dancing!

I have a 90 minute session scheduled today (I dance on my own in my own place) and I danced about two days ago for 30 minutes or so. Man, am I rough! I'm sure it'll come back to me better once I shake off the rust.

So, thank you guys. It's been a long time since I've been motivated enough to actually get up in the morning, draw, paint, listen to Bellydance music and actually dance. Being here really helped me.

I'll try my best to keep you guys updated, and maybe one day I'll be confident enough with my shape and dancing again to post a video of myself dancing.

Farasha Hanem

I'm so happy for you, and very happy our forum has helped you. You are most definitely a blessing to us. Many, many hugs! :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Good for you sounds like 2013 is going to be a very good year for you, regaining your joy & health:D
~Mosaic

Erik

How could we not like you, MizzNaaa? You're a real live Egyptian who belly dances. :D

You're also the first person I have noticed on this forum whose reputation points have exceeded number of posts. More than double, in fact, and that's something to take a justifiable pride in. Trust me, the folks here don't give them out unless they mean it. [It's also amazing how high my reputation is considering the toes I have stepped on the cans of worms I have opened..... but that's a story for another day.]

Wishing you good luck and success with dancing and whatever else you decide to do.

Farasha Hanem

How could we not like you, MizzNaaa? You're a real live Egyptian who belly dances. :D

You're also the first person I have noticed on this forum whose reputation points have exceeded number of posts. More than double, in fact, and that's something to take a justifiable pride in. Trust me, the folks here don't give them out unless they mean it. [It's also amazing how high my reputation is considering the toes I have stepped on the cans of worms I have opened..... but that's a story for another day.]

Wishing you good luck and success with dancing and whatever else you decide to do.

Awwww, but we love you, too, Erik! :)

MizzNaaa

Aw shucks, thank you you guys! I'm all happy and excited now reading all this encouragement and thank you Eric <3

khanjar

The treatment is art, engage in art and art comes to cure us of our ills and motivates us to do more art as art is an expression of ourselves as natural creatures and as natural creatures we strive to be better for ourselves.

A month out of dancing I had become lazy, very lazy it is me, I never was one for exerting energy when one didn't need to and this past month I have slobbed out and my diet took a hit along with the lack of exercise and I gave up with my 'dancer' diet and just couldn't be bothered eating for days sometimes. But back unto the classes, boy did I feel it, all the stuff I used to be able to do I struggled with and the legs were shakey and weak, but curiously I could do a shimmy with ease where before I never got that thing right, but with getting back into the joy of art comes the early nights sleep and getting back into the proper diet, eating regularly and the right things which with me is mostly complex carbs, but with the joy of art has come more and other art, I am starting again to design metal art and looking into making it instead of just thinking about it and so have decided to sell my motorcycle to buy the materials I need to get on with it and the past desires to make have come back

Art is the cure, allowing ourselves to be natural inspires focus to be as natural as we can be in our individual expressions of life and dance is the joyful expression of life, it inspires us to be better to ourselves.

MizzNaaa

So Update 1`:

I've lost about 4 Kgs so far, that's almost 9 pounds for you crazy Americans, I need to increase the hours I spend dancing still but I'm working on my schedule to try and fit everything in with classes and art and all that.

Daimona

So Update 1`:

I've lost about 4 Kgs so far, that's almost 9 pounds for you crazy Americans, I need to increase the hours I spend dancing still but I'm working on my schedule to try and fit everything in with classes and art and all that.

Wow! Well done! If you still need to work on your schedule to make everyting fit, don't increase anything yet. You've got enough to work with already. :)

Sophia Maria

Horaay! I'm glad you're dancing more! That always make life better.

MizzNaaa said:
but I'm working on my schedule to try and fit everything in with classes and art and all that.

Isn't it hard to be bellydancer when you're a full-time student? That's what I have trouble with. ...And then it only gets busier when we're older...

Salome

Administrator
So, I know I've been absent from the forum for the past couple of weeks (sorry about that, finals have been driving me crazy, just gotta hang in there for 2 more weeks). I did however want to share this since this was the effect of the forum on me.

I mentioned this before when I first joined, I've been bellydancing since before I could truly remember, I think I was four or five when my parents started noticing my attachment to the dance. It was a regular activity for me until my secondary school years, that was around the time bellydance changed from a regular to every long once in a while activity. They've been a few really bad years for me, struggling with depression, weight, and a pile of other stuff.

But, I joined the forum and started feeling motivated again to go back THE one form of dance I enjoy the most and am passionate about, as well as pursue my goal to get back to a healthier lifestyle and size while focusing on my school/career/life related goals.

So, after a long time, I'm finally back to eating healthy, exercising and most of all...belly dancing!

I have a 90 minute session scheduled today (I dance on my own in my own place) and I danced about two days ago for 30 minutes or so. Man, am I rough! I'm sure it'll come back to me better once I shake off the rust.

So, thank you guys. It's been a long time since I've been motivated enough to actually get up in the morning, draw, paint, listen to Bellydance music and actually dance. Being here really helped me.

I'll try my best to keep you guys updated, and maybe one day I'll be confident enough with my shape and dancing again to post a video of myself dancing.

AWESOME :cool:

MizzNaaa

Update 2: Whoa I haven't been here in such a long time :shok:

The last two months of classes at university were very stressful, and there were lots of setbacks, but I'm finally done with this year and now I'm free to bellydance again woot!

I started dancing daily now, an average of 30 minutes a day; and I'm seeing improvement bit by bit, I'm remembering things as I go and well, being on her and chatting with all you lovely ladies and gents has helped greatly. I suffered some setback with weight loss but I'm back on track and to be honest; I'm mainly focusing on the healthy lifestyle aspect more than the number on the scale, it'll drop eventually but what's important to me now is to get regular exercise and eat healthy.