Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tiazza Rose - Free Belly dance instruction videos

I don't remember how I came across her but she pretty much teaches technique for free, the way I would explain things to my friends when they ask me to teach them so I thought I should share. She's Syrian I think and a certified fitness instructor...overall, I think her website is a very good resource for advanced people who want to re-review some of the moves and for beginners to get some basic instruction on how some moves are done.

Free belly dance classes online with Tiazza Rose

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thank you very much! ^^ Are they Skype sessions, or a series of videos? Can they be taken any time?

Post Thanks / Like

They are online videos hosted on youtube but she may offer skype lessons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizzNaaa View Post
    I don't remember how I came across her but she pretty much teaches technique for free, the way I would explain things to my friends when they ask me to teach them so I thought I should share. She's Syrian I think and a certified fitness instructor...overall, I think her website is a very good resource for advanced people who want to re-review some of the moves and for beginners to get some basic instruction on how some moves are done.

Free belly dance classes online with Tiazza Rose
    According to this thread, she is Moroccan.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

@Daimona, sorry I must have been confused. She is indeed Moroccan

@Ferasha, her videos are free and I do believe she gives skype lessons if you ask? As Munniko said.

But yeah, as I said, she's good for beginner, and some of her free videos offer some good explanations about how to do certain moves, I did read that she never got any formal training since she grew up in Morocco and bellydance was part of her culture, like yours truly but I've noticed that some people in the other thread say that she's not always a reliable source of info. I can't confirm or deny since I personally only looked at her technique videos when I need to refresh my memory about certain moves, is all.

Also...some of her performances/fusions are...erm...interesting O.o
    Last edited by MizzNaaa; 01-09-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizzNaaa View Post
    I did read that she never got any formal training since she grew up in Morocco and bellydance was part of her culture, like yours truly but I've noticed that some people in the other thread say that she's not always a reliable source of info.
    The social dance in Morocco is a little different from Egypt etc. To say "belly dance" is part of her culture is stretching it a bit I think.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just quoting what she said to answer one of the questions directed at her in her videos. Somebody commented asking her if she has a teacher and who taught her and stuff and she said she grew up in Morocco so bellydance was part of her culture. But yeah, I know what you mean.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally love her! She has a nice personality & she's a fitness instructor & a nutritionist, I believe. She has some of her performances up, & she fulfills requests for videos. I've asked her to make fast-paced lessons for transitions & traveling steps as well as drills. She's very kind!

Post Thanks / Like

She's pretty cool, I think. I don't necessarily support self-teaching from the Internet unless that's the only way for one to learn. I use her videos as a supplement to learning. Whenever I'm unclear on a particular move, I watch her videos as a refresher.

Post Thanks / Like

Tiazza posted about her childhood learning how to dance & women whom are restricted in dancing because of perceptions & judgements! Definitely an interesting watch.

Belly dance coffee talk: does your family NOT want you to belly dance? - YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast