Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I first began learning from her! Definataly great for basics!

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest issue is the video she has about posture. She said something about not having to achieve a neutral spine. Just hearing her thoughts on posture turned me off a bit. I think using them if you are already familiar with proper posture, you might be okay. When I'm in class and we review some moves, I can feel the difference with and without the tucking.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watched every single video of hers, so I can't judge whether it's all perfection, but I have to say that she's made an amazing amount of information available for free. It's pretty great. I like to look at her videos when I want to compare how she teaches a move to how I learned it in class -- her video on the straight leg shimmy really helped me, for example.

Post Thanks / Like

Is she the same as that Tiazzawilson that uploads videos on YouTube and has a blog too?
    Last edited by Belly Dancing Housewife; 05-10-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spellling correction!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belly Dancing Housewife View Post
    Is she the same as that Tiazzawilson that uploads videos on YouTube and has a blog too?
    That's right!

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen that video. I honestly couldn't make it to the end of many of her videos because she rambles on so much. I haven't seen all of her videos but from what I have seen I think anyone wanting to learn belly dance would be better off just buying a Sadie or Rachel Brice DVD. I've learned a lot from Sadie and Brice.

From what I've seen of this Tiazza woman she doesn't even isolate correctly in many instances. Keeping the pelvis tucked also helps to protect our spine and she says in her video about posture that it "doesn't feel right" to her. This is just what I've observed but I haven't seen everything of hers. She has a lot of videos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AyaKara View Post
    That's right!

Thanks I was just wanting to ask everyone here about that TiazzaWilson woman because I've seen some of her videos and I'm not so sure about them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Sadie's basic bellydance DVD, and I can't say I'm impressed with it. However, I enjoy Tiazza's videos, and have subscribed to her channel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12