Tiazza Rose - Free Belly dance instruction videos

MizzNaaa

I don't remember how I came across her but she pretty much teaches technique for free, the way I would explain things to my friends when they ask me to teach them so I thought I should share. She's Syrian I think and a certified fitness instructor...overall, I think her website is a very good resource for advanced people who want to re-review some of the moves and for beginners to get some basic instruction on how some moves are done.

Free belly dance classes online with Tiazza Rose

Daimona

I don't remember how I came across her but she pretty much teaches technique for free, the way I would explain things to my friends when they ask me to teach them so I thought I should share. She's Syrian I think and a certified fitness instructor...overall, I think her website is a very good resource for advanced people who want to re-review some of the moves and for beginners to get some basic instruction on how some moves are done.

Free belly dance classes online with Tiazza Rose

According to this thread, she is Moroccan.

MizzNaaa

@Daimona, sorry I must have been confused. She is indeed Moroccan

@Ferasha, her videos are free and I do believe she gives skype lessons if you ask? As Munniko said.

But yeah, as I said, she's good for beginner, and some of her free videos offer some good explanations about how to do certain moves, I did read that she never got any formal training since she grew up in Morocco and bellydance was part of her culture, like yours truly but I've noticed that some people in the other thread say that she's not always a reliable source of info. I can't confirm or deny since I personally only looked at her technique videos when I need to refresh my memory about certain moves, is all.

Also...some of her performances/fusions are...erm...interesting o_O

Last edited:

Kashmir

I did read that she never got any formal training since she grew up in Morocco and bellydance was part of her culture, like yours truly but I've noticed that some people in the other thread say that she's not always a reliable source of info.
The social dance in Morocco is a little different from Egypt etc. To say "belly dance" is part of her culture is stretching it a bit I think.

MizzNaaa

I'm just quoting what she said to answer one of the questions directed at her in her videos. Somebody commented asking her if she has a teacher and who taught her and stuff and she said she grew up in Morocco so bellydance was part of her culture. But yeah, I know what you mean.

AyaKara

I personally love her! She has a nice personality & she's a fitness instructor & a nutritionist, I believe. She has some of her performances up, & she fulfills requests for videos. I've asked her to make fast-paced lessons for transitions & traveling steps as well as drills. She's very kind! :D

BehindTheSun

She's pretty cool, I think. I don't necessarily support self-teaching from the Internet unless that's the only way for one to learn. I use her videos as a supplement to learning. Whenever I'm unclear on a particular move, I watch her videos as a refresher.

daimere

My biggest issue is the video she has about posture. She said something about not having to achieve a neutral spine. Just hearing her thoughts on posture turned me off a bit. I think using them if you are already familiar with proper posture, you might be okay. When I'm in class and we review some moves, I can feel the difference with and without the tucking.

atisheh

I haven't watched every single video of hers, so I can't judge whether it's all perfection, but I have to say that she's made an amazing amount of information available for free. It's pretty great. I like to look at her videos when I want to compare how she teaches a move to how I learned it in class -- her video on the straight leg shimmy really helped me, for example.

I have seen that video. I honestly couldn't make it to the end of many of her videos because she rambles on so much. I haven't seen all of her videos but from what I have seen I think anyone wanting to learn belly dance would be better off just buying a Sadie or Rachel Brice DVD. I've learned a lot from Sadie and Brice.

From what I've seen of this Tiazza woman she doesn't even isolate correctly in many instances. Keeping the pelvis tucked also helps to protect our spine and she says in her video about posture that it "doesn't feel right" to her. This is just what I've observed but I haven't seen everything of hers. She has a lot of videos.

Farasha Hanem

I have Sadie's basic bellydance DVD, and I can't say I'm impressed with it. However, I enjoy Tiazza's videos, and have subscribed to her channel. :)