Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

FCBD has recently started posting "drills" on youtube. These are just a few minutes of focussed instruction. "FCBD Four Basic Fast Moves" might be useful to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Muse. I think I may know of you and may have seen you dance before. Do you dance with Maharal?

If so, then I am very familiar with the studio you mention, and understand your concerns. There is one teacher there who is grounded in Salimpour techniques and would be worth your time in classes in order to get a solid technique for the fusion you want to study. PM me for details.

But, if that is not an option, what about Suhalia's online classes? (Class Content & Descriptions | Suhaila Online Classes) I have not taken them; but, that instructor has. When she couldn't get to studios or workshops, she invested in the courses and found them very beneficial.

Nothing beats the feedback and injury prevention of a live instructor. However, if that is not an easy option . . .

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid outside of student/community ballet recitals, and on stage with some local bands, I've never performed anywhere, so it can't have been me you've seen.

For the past few weeks I've been sick, and trying to struggle through crazy conditioning classes, work, and three hour lectures on cave paintings, so taking up a new art form has been the last thing on my mind. I'm feeling ok again now, and ready to get my feet wet at least!

While I would very much like to take those online classes, my internet connection is awful. I'm looking into getting that fixed, but it may be awhile considering I live in the middle of nowhere. I'm waiting for a little more cash in my pocket to order the first of the Fat Chance DVD's, but in the meantime I asked around the studio and managed to borrow two tribal fusion DVD's, Irina Akulenko's and Ariellah's. I know they're probably not the best, but at least I can start to familiarize myself with the vocabulary and work on isolations.

As for live classes, it *appears* that studio now has a beginner class on Sunday afternoon, so if I could plan a bus route, I might be in business. I'm going to look into it this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Will you post and let me know what you think of Irina's dvd? I am considering getting it. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
    If you want to do Tribal Fusion long term, the first step would be to become very familiar with ATS. With a teacher this would take a few years - off DVDs - probably longer. It is also a good idea when working on your own to get some private lessons to make sure you are on the right track every few months. Otherwise you can spend time practicing the wrong technique which can be hard to unlearn.

Also keep in mind a huge part of ATS is learning how to synch with a group ie learning to give and understand cues. Working alone this whole area will be weak.
    This - totally necessary for foundation before fusion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12