Marketplace?

Dunyah

I've enjoyed the Swapmeet over on Bhuz for years, but with the recent changes there, it has lost most of its appeal. I think this is an opportunity for OD to fill the gap. I haven't used the Marketplace here very much, but if it can be a place where dancers sell directly to one another without the annoyance of a third party (which made the swapmeet more impersonal and less community-oriented) I think many sellers would come over here from Bhuz.

I know I have things I would like to sell but will probably not want to deal with the Bhuz marketplace any more. Even though I am willing to support Bhuz with a percentage of swapmeet purchases if they went back to the old format. But I don't think that is going to happen, the admin over there seems very committed to the new marketplace.

So.... how does the Marketplace work over here? I know there is a Moderator - are posts approved quickly? Is it easy to use? Guess I'll wander over there and check it out.

I don't know how you could promote the Marketplace more, but if I think this is a moment of opportunity.

Daimona

As described in the FAQ for the market place, anyone can sell dance related items here.

If you are an individual selling personal items, there are no fees
(unless you insist to support OD financially, of course, which would be highly welcome). :)
If you are a retailer you'll have to buy a thread.

In both cases, the market place is moderated and threads would need to be approved before they appear as we had a lot of spamming there previously.

And btw, thank you for asking.

Last edited:

Bast

I've enjoyed the Swapmeet over on Bhuz for years, but with the recent changes there, it has lost most of its appeal. I think this is an opportunity for OD to fill the gap. I haven't used the Marketplace here very much, but if it can be a place where dancers sell directly to one another without the annoyance of a third party (which made the swapmeet more impersonal and less community-oriented) I think many sellers would come over here from Bhuz.

I know I have things I would like to sell but will probably not want to deal with the Bhuz marketplace any more. Even though I am willing to support Bhuz with a percentage of swapmeet purchases if they went back to the old format. But I don't think that is going to happen, the admin over there seems very committed to the new marketplace.

So.... how does the Marketplace work over here? I know there is a Moderator - are posts approved quickly? Is it easy to use? Guess I'll wander over there and check it out.

I don't know how you could promote the Marketplace more, but if I think this is a moment of opportunity.

I am glad you posted this. I am really going to miss the bhuz swapmeet even if my wallet won't. I was very tempted to say in the enthusify thread " just pop over to bellydanceforums.net and use the market place there".

But I was worried that might not be well received by bhuz authorities.

I like both sites and the only reason I spent a bit more time over at bhuz was for the swapmeet. I was initially cautiously supportive of the changes, but when posts started to go missing and the tone kind of changed and well, I just don't feel the same way about it anymore.

I hope people find their way over here and the marketplace grows so I can continue to support my costume addiction :)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
We don't want people JUST coming & posting belly dance items for sale though, they are welcome to come and be full participating members & to sell their personal BD items including accessories, books, CDs/DVDs etc. Threads that are not retailers are approved generally within 24hrs. I am the mod there and as S-Mod can approve threads that aren't retail. We also don't want several threads by one member, keep it tidy by using one thread (if it's not I or Gisela will merge them anyway). Of course a new thread can be started after a short period of time usually around 8 weeks or so. The FAQ (link posted by Daimona) should be read by all members who want to post in MP. Non Dance items are not encourage in MP here.:D
~Mosaic

Tammyraks

I am very sad that bhuz has done this:(, in th past (a few years ago), I sold quite a few things there. Now, I am unable to use their new system anyways.

ezmasiddiqah

I have a question but wasn't sure where to post it.

I'm trying to use an old thread (bd dress that sold) in the marketplace to post used cds for sale. All is good except when I go to advanced and change the title of the thread to the new words and save, the title still has the old bd dress title. How do I change it? Thank you!

gisela

Super Moderator
You can't change it yourself here (I know it's possible on Bhuz though.) The supermods and the mods of the particular forum can do it for you. What do you want to call it? I can change it now:)

ETA: Right, I found it and changed it to what you wrote in the post title. Let me know if it's good.

Last edited: