Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 201
  1. #151
    Junior Member EsmereldaDancer1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Maria View Post
    Mm, I think this a very important fact. I think everyone should take it into consideration, however in some ways I would respectfully disagree. There were some posts which were a little harsher than they should have been, maybe. But the majority were people giving honest advice, and then explaining themselves so Esmerelda could understand.

    The problem is, she asked a very specific question to forum members here, and likewise got a very specific response. Some of these forum members are teachers, and so gave her many good resources to pursue if she so chose. However, they cannot be expected, I think to give much more than they have already given out, for free. I think, considering the circumstances, the forum members here gave Esmerelda a lot of material to work with.



    You're right. We just can't stop. I can see why, at this point, you and Esmerelda would want us to just drop everything and go our separate ways. The problem is bellydancers like arguing. Bellydancers talk a lot and we like debate. (Heat up the sauna ) Our debates go on and on and on, because we have a lot of passion for what we are talking about. Even though sometimes in this thread I may have disappointed or aggravated, I don't regret participating in it because debate is always interesting, and one learns more than if one "just stopped".
    So basically i have learned that this belly dance forum is about arguing really, not helping people its about arguing and being the know it alls and that if they dont conform to your way of thinking or being about belly dance then that person is wrong. But you will love that because then it gives you a chance to throw all your negativity and judgements on that person if they disagree with you, because after all it seems on this forum you aren't entitled to have your own opinion.

    You should be enlightening students helping them, giving them advice in a non bitchy tone. Its funny how just a simple question has turned into this. I wanted to share my views and wanted advice not to be bitched at. This is what you call bullying because someone has a different view on belly dance than you.

    I have been open to your views, i have just not been open to the negativity so i stood my ground, But then your not even allowed to stand your ground because then your the bad one and you get called being rude. Please stop twisting my words and making me out to be the bad one.

    To prove i have been taking on your advice i have ordered myself a DVD on Egyptian Baldi to learn about it as i am open to learning new things. I have looked up Taste of Cairo to start classes. I cannot even see where i have been rude all ive seen is me sharing my views and standing my ground when you target me.

    I cannot believe you are all getting kicks out this, its all just a big power trip for you.

  2. #152
    Member Munniko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EsmereldaDancer1987 View Post
    You should be enlightening students helping them, giving them advice in a non bitchy tone. Its funny how just a simple question has turned into this. I wanted to share my views and wanted advice not to be bitched at. This is what you call bullying because someone has a different view on belly dance than you.
    Nope still not bullying people are still trying to be nice and you are just putting the wrong emotion behind what you are reading. You are just reading text so it can have whatever inference behind it you want, maybe you should try rereading some of the comments in a different mind set? Until we are only answering your replies with expletives or insulting your looks or even insulting things in your life we couldn't possibly know about you aren't really being bullied

    To prove i have been taking on your advice i have ordered myself a DVD on Egyptian Baldi to learn about it as i am open to learning new things. I have looked up Taste of Cairo to start classes. I cannot even see where i have been rude all ive seen is me sharing my views and standing my ground when you target me.
    If we are so mean please do not try and prove anything to us. It would be a waste of your time and I say that with all honesty. Please don't waste your money on something you will not enjoy just because you think it will make us nicer or to prove you are the bigger person. If we are so mean it is a waste of your time and resources.


    I cannot believe you are all getting kicks out this, its all just a big power trip for you.
    You are right I am getting a kick out of this because I enjoy seeing people respond to things they are passionate about because it gives me a feeling of awe and respect that people enjoyed what most people view as a hobby and research the crud out of it and make it a passion. Seeing such passion gives me passion to go out and research my passions and study more.

  3. #153
    V.I.P. Aniseteph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sussex, England
    Posts
    4,856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLuna View Post
    Insults are not a part of debating !!
    That's rich considering what you had just said in your previous post.

    Quote Originally Posted by kina
    ....tick: respond to the initial posts just enough to get people engaged, but still asking questions....
    There were questions? I saw lots of assertions and belly-dance-is-what-I-say-it-is. Open questions wouldn't have landed this thread in the sauna. <scrolls up to check - yup, thought so. Sauna-iest sauna ever>

  4. #154
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    That's rich considering what you had just said in your previous post.



    There were questions? I saw lots of assertions and belly-dance-is-what-I-say-it-is. Open questions wouldn't have landed this thread in the sauna. <scrolls up to check - yup, thought so. Sauna-iest sauna ever>
    fair enough. how about "outrageous assertions and statements revealing such wide spread disdain and ignorance that it MUST be designed to push buttons"? i.e. trigger people who are passionate about there dance and who who are at heart teachers who just want to share their love for it?

  5. #155
    Member MizzNaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roshanna View Post
    It is unfortunate that you both have decided to completely ignore the majority of the kind, helpful and considered posts on this thread, in favour of getting all dramatic about the few forum members who ran out of patience some time ago.

    Still, if taking the time to give a stranger on the internet the same good advice that I'd happily give to my own close friends or paying students makes me a 'hater', can't say I'm too bothered....

    Both? Am I the only one who noticed that Darshiva called her Es? She's sock puppet-ing and considering she didn't stop for a moment to think that oh...I dunno, maybe a forum moderator can look up her IP and realize both accounts are from the same person, it really does say a lot about the kind of discussions she could be part of.

    At any rate, in reply to Shira (All my gushing aside, as I really am a big fan, Shira) yes, some people here were unnecessarily harsh with their comments, but none of the original round of criticisms were *Not* useful. But as a lot of people here mentioned, she shifted around subjects and derailed and dragged this all over the place so she could boil this whole thing down to "You're wrong, I'm right, go die"

    Argumentative and quite insulting, I facepalmed through my skull at most of the posts coming from that person, and to top it all, she's sock puppeting.

    So yeah, I really don't see how this conversation could have gone any better/worse.

    Also, thanks Zumarrad, your comment is quite appreciated about me, and yes, I found her comments and most of the things she said about my culture, our dance and our ancient culture to be quite insulting...so yeah.

    And to end this on a self indulging note
    The builders of the pyramids were masters of these arts. Engineers today still couldn't recreate the building of the pyramids to the same accuracy and skill as our ancients did.
    Lady, I don't know what/how you think, but those aren't YOUR ancients, those are Egyptian ancients, make the distinction and don't group yourself with us.

    (Yes, i fully realize I just indulged in a no 'it's mine' argument)

  6. #156
    V.I.P. Aniseteph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sussex, England
    Posts
    4,856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kina View Post
    fair enough. how about "outrageous assertions and statements revealing such wide spread disdain and ignorance that it MUST be designed to push buttons"?
    Yes.

    Although I am such a gormless Pollyanna that I see ignorance before calculated trolling every time. It would take so much research for the civilian (for want of a better term) to do a convincingly subtle job of it. Or for the experienced dancer or long term hobbyist obsessive to have nothing better to do. Those sequins won't sew themselves on.

    Quote Originally Posted by MizzNaaa
    Lady, I don't know what/how you think, but those aren't YOUR ancients, those are Egyptian ancients, make the distinction and don't group yourself with us.
    Comment of the week MizzNaaa - you win the internet. Consider yourself high-fived, or whatever it is that kids do to salute a win these days.

  7. #157
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    MizzNaa wins the internet!

    And to Esmeralda: could you tell your sock to stop swearing?

  8. #158
    V.I.P. Kashmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EsmereldaDancer1987 View Post
    You should be enlightening students helping them, giving them advice in a non bitchy tone. Its funny how just a simple question has turned into this. I wanted to share my views and wanted advice not to be bitched at. This is what you call bullying because someone has a different view on belly dance than you.
    As someone else said, if you think this is bitchy or bullying you must have lived a very sheltered life.

    We have been trying to "enlighten" you - but when you are offered (for free) decades (actually centuries) of advice from experienced teachers and dancers you knew better.

    However, I'm glad you are willing to pay for a DVD to expand your knowledge. Hopefully it is Ranya Renee's - which is very good, accessible and on the button. (See we are still stupid enough to offer free advice - do you have any idea how much this would have cost you if you had paid all of us for private lessons?)

  9. #159
    Moderator Darshiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kyabram, Vic
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLuna View Post
    And you have some fucking cheek! Get back to your cauldron
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLuna View Post
    Insults are not a part of debating !! Then go argue else where! Stop picking on her just because she is more beautiful inside and out than most of you hater here

    And it would pay you to mind this yourself. Please mind your language and the name calling. Heated debate is encouraged. Disagreeing with others loudly is encouraged. Throwing derogatory slurs around is another thing entirely. And you of all people! You call yourself a spiritualist and yet deride wiccans with your slur!
    Last edited by Darshiva; 01-19-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Wild and free my effing arse! Use another word!

  10. #160
    Moderator Darshiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kyabram, Vic
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MizzNaaa View Post
    Both? Am I the only one who noticed that Darshiva called her Es? She's sock puppet-ing and considering she didn't stop for a moment to think that oh...I dunno, maybe a forum moderator can look up her IP and realize both accounts are from the same person, it really does say a lot about the kind of discussions she could be part of.)
    I actually misread the name at the beginning of the post and thought it was her. (it sometimes happens when I'm replying to threads because my cursor skips all over the show and it gets really hard to read who & what - take a moment to giggle next time you see me do it!) When I realised my mistake I figured I'd let the comment stand because she really should read that anyway and since they are friends one would hope the message would be passed on.

    If they are indeed one person, they have gone to enough trouble to hide it that it's not worth worrying about. To clarify, their story checks out - they don't have the same IP nor even the same ISP. If someone wants to go to the trouble of going to a cyber cafe or a friend's house a few towns over just to troll this forum, then more power to them!
    Last edited by Darshiva; 01-19-2013 at 10:45 PM.
    Wild and free my effing arse! Use another word!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •