Welcome to New Members!

shiradotnet

There have been some new members lately, some coming from bhuz. I thought it might be helpful to welcome the newcomers by mentioning a few of the things that make this forum different from bhuz.

Of course, there is a somewhat different community of active members who post on a regular basis, and the membership is ultimately the primary thing that makes one online community different from another. That sort of thing is really difficult to describe, you just have to experience it. I'll just say that both have some really great people, though I do get different feelings from each.

Aside from that, one significant difference between the two is the concept of "reputation points". While both bhuz and this forum have enabled VBulletin's "Like" feature, only this forum also offers the feature known as "reputation points". The idea is that when you think a post is particularly pithy, insightful, well-worded, etc., you can "give the person reputation". Here is a detailed description of the feature: http://bellydanceforums.net/chat-about-web-site/15519-all-you-need-know-about-reputation-points.html

shiradotnet

Another major difference between the two is moderation.

On bhuz, there is almost no moderation. Rosey will delete posts that are spam, coming from trolls, or otherwise incendiary, but aside from that Bhuz has no moderation.

In contrast, here on OD a number of the members are volunteer moderators. They will move posts to different sections, prune off-topic digressions off the original thread and make them a thread of their own, join related threads, etc.