Asi Haskal

Shanazel

I was vaguely aware of his existence and enjoyed looking over his website. He's versatile, isn't he?

Sirène

He seems like he'd put on a fun show. I wouldn't mind a workshop with him either.

He's going to be in LA in March. :) If I wasn't on the opposite side of the country, literally, I would've considered a roadtrip. A workshop with him would be a riot.

Can anyone translate what's going on in the Wipeout clip on his website? I'm already cracking up over what looks like a Chicago Bulls bedlah (1:26) and him running the course, but I'd love to know what's being said.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I've heard good things about him, but otherwise don't know much about him. A quick look at his website suggests that he's primarily folkloric. (???)

Jane

I'll have to read the whole site and check out some more of his clips. I love his costumes and he has a fantastic shimmy :)

BigJim

From what I understand both he and Randa Kamel will be in Edmonton Alberta June 21-23... and there will be workshops....I can't find any more details as of yet...

Jane

Dang. I'll have to wait until he gets a little closer to me.

Last edited:

BigJim

Jane... The last time I looked Montana wasn't to far from Alberta.... a heavy day driving would probably get you there....

New question... How far have people gone to take a workshop.... or specific training?

Jane

It's not the distance, I can't cross into Canada until I have my citizenship issues resolved. I was born abroad and never registered. It didn't matter until the laws for getting passports changed after 9/11. Still backtracking paperwork. No travel abroad for me until things are straightened out.

kina

I have a choreography dvd of his that I LOVE. Very cute combinations. I've seen his youtubes of him dancing classic Egyptian, and I love his style.

he also designs costumes,

Sirène

It's not the distance, I can't cross into Canada until I have my citizenship issues resolved. I was born abroad and never registered. It didn't matter until the laws for getting passports changed after 9/11. Still backtracking paperwork. No travel abroad for me until things are straightened out.

I read this when you first posted but the math just now hit me. You haven't been able to leave the US for over 11 years!!!!???? :shok:

Jane

I read this when you first posted but the math just now hit me. You haven't been able to leave the US for over 11 years!!!!???? :shok:

Yep, I can leave, I just wouldn't be able to get back in. I was supposed to go on a trip to London and went down to get my passport and found out the laws had changed. Now I'm trying to get my stuff straightened out without losing all the money I've put into Social Security, etc. Very frustrating.

Pirika Repun

BigJim
New question... How far have people gone to take a workshop.... or specific training?

Hi Jim how have you been?

Well... I went Vegas from NY because of Tito. ;) Some of my friends go to Egypt, and Europe to take Randa Kamel’s WS. So, I guess all depends on person. IF I can take vacation from my work, and have money to travel, I’ll go any place to take WS!

BigJim

Pirika... I've been well and am still dancing so I guess that says it all.... Like you I travelled to Las Vegas ( but from Canada..... not NYC) to catch the Bad Boys of Bellydance workshops. It was a special trip because of the fantastic array of world renown instructors. I've travelled to Minneapolis and was lucky to catch an intensive from Cassandra and also a private from Mirah Ammal.... to Salt Lake City and coaching from Zahirah... but these were tied into business trips so I wouldn't count them as special trips to catch a workshop... Edmonton is on the radar for this summer and that's about an 8 hour drive for me....