Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Saroyan Zills

Post Thanks / Like

New information from someone who emailed Harry Saroyan and got back this reply about him going out of business.

"Hi Julie,
    THAT'S NOT TRUE !

After almost 50 years of service to the Belly Dance Community I have decided
    to put my business for sale. At the time being we will not be manufacturing on
    a large scale anymore, as one of our workers retired and the other got married
    and moved to Florida."

Apparently, if he finds a buyer, they will be back at some point, but right now they are not producing. There is hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your information. I went ahead and ordered 3 pair so I've got enough to last for a while. I love their tone and enjoy them. I found some at Belly Dance | Welcome to Bellydance.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's wise to buy what we want as we find it, because who knows how long it will be before production comes back? Hopefully sooner than later. In the mean time, glad I ordered a bunch for myself and a bunch of other students in my area.

Post Thanks / Like

I think buying from the "original" is worthwhile, who knows if someone new can make them the same, or will continue too over time, they may have ideas of their own. But it's nice to know they could be available again at some stage.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

There are still some available here Finger Cymbals - Zills - Artemis Imports (sound bites available as well) & Farasha they have the Afghani's I think you were wanting.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

O_O wow I got mine like a week ago from Amazon and then suddenly everything is gone I guess I'm gonna get another pair while I can find them.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just ordered my pair. I've already received an e-mail confirmation but until I have them in hand I'm going to worry about something going wrong. I didn't need to eat this week anyway right?

Post Thanks / Like

I figure I can survive on beans and rice till payday and I am wondering if ordering 3 pairs was enough or if I should order a couple more before they are all gone.....LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Just found that Desert Veils here in Aussie have some. Shipping would be a lot cheaper for Aussies & NZ'ers. But they are available for anyone who wants to buy if they can't find the ones they want closer to home Zills: Saroyan and Egyptian Zils, Sagets, Cymbals

I told a friend of mine about the low stock & she just let me know that quite a few are available at Desert Veils. You have to place your order to the site owner via email which is on her website DESERT VEILS BELLY DANCE:ORDERS
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    I did it! I just ordered a set of silver arabesques II. I got a tax refund which I think is partly faulty so I'm taking advantage of the temporary extra money before I call on monday to ask if they did a mistake
    Lucky you got the last ones of arabesque II... (because I ordered last night from Alladins Cave and didn't get them)
    Last edited by Daimona; 01-28-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    --
    Daim.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast