Here for costume/clothing help

Amaya

Hello everyone! My name is Amaya and I am very new to belly dance. But it's something I have always loved and finally have the chance to purse it.

I joined this forum because I am making a tribal belt, and I need some advice on how to layer the fabric, how many layers, what type of material, whats best to use for tying in the front. And if anyone knows where to get loose coins for the "ching" :)

Thank you all! I look forward to chatting

-Amaya

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum Amaya. I suggest you post the question in the costumes forum, you may get more views and ideas from members there.
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
Welcome Amaya! Nice to have you here with us :)

If you can't find the information you are looking for the please start a thread in the costuming section. There are many members here who love to talk about sewing.

Amaya

Will post elsewhere :)

Thank you Mosaic. I will post elsewhere. I'm not a "frequent forumer" so I thought there was a protocol as to where to post first then move on from there.

LilithNoor

Welcome to the forum Anaya.

Pop over to the costuming section and you should be inundated with advice from the tribalistas on here!

Amaya

Thank you

Terrific. I have posted over there :) I looked through a bunch of the posts and couldn't find what I was looking for, so I posted a new thread. Keeping fingers crossed I don't get a bunch of rude, childish replies which is the reason why I don't usually use forums. Hopefully this place will change my mind!

gisela

Super Moderator
Thank you Mosaic. I will post elsewhere. I'm not a "frequent forumer" so I thought there was a protocol as to where to post first then move on from there.

You did exactly the right thing by posting here in meet and greet :) We were just eager to read your threads :lol: