Have you used Create Your Own Style with Swarovski Elements?

Sirène

I found the Create-Your-Style tool and hotfix stones at Michaels and thought I might give 'blinging' a t-shirt a try, but as I laid out the stones for the pattern I came to the realization that it was probably going to cost in the neighborhood of $35 for the crystals plus the initial cost of the tool.

If it works well it might be worth it, but I've found only one review (on amazon) and it didn't say much about the product. Hopefully some of the DIY crowd here owns or is at least familiar with the Create-Your-Style line.

Here's a link to the site: Home - CREATE YOUR STYLE - Swarovski

The website shows an iron for the hotfix stones but they sell a dedicated tool. Here's the Amazon listing for it:

Amazon.com: Create Your Style with Swarovski Elements Hot Fix Tool: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

I need opinions-is just what the bling doctor ordered or is it junk? :think:

Sirène

I have another one like it, it works fine.
Amazon.com: Kandi Kane Hot Fix Applicator Wand Kit with 8 Tips Included, Apply Crystals, Pearls, NailHeads & RhineStuds: Home & Kitchen

I haven't used it that much but nothing has fallen off yet. I plan to use it much more though, for some of my upcoming projects.

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up returning my kit since I came to the realization that to do the design I wanted would cost me about $40 in elements. :shok: If I decide to make a costume in the future it'll be worth it, but for a t-shirt? uh-uh… :naghty:

DancingArabian

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up returning my kit since I came to the realization that to do the design I wanted would cost me about $40 in elements. :shok: If I decide to make a costume in the future it'll be worth it, but for a t-shirt? uh-uh… :naghty:

You could always consider a Bedazzler. Might be cheaper.