Have you ever....

Indigo Shimmer

So you've picked out a song you want to dance to. You've figured out a routine to it and you've practiced and practiced and practiced it until its close to perfect and finally perform it in public. By that time, are you sick of the song???? Just curious.

Indigo S.

Daimona

It happens every time, and at the worst cases I may feel physically ill from hearing it.. More variation during practice and less perfection of the choreography is the only solution.

If I really need to drill some parts of the music, I find it better to make shorter cuts of the song to drill that particular part.

Darshiva

So you've picked out a song you want to dance to. You've figured out a routine to it and you've practiced and practiced and practiced it until its close to perfect and finally perform it in public. By that time, are you sick of the song???? Just curious.

Indigo S.

Yes. And that's how I know I'm ready to take it in public.

You know what though? When I get out on stage, because the song is so familiar and the stage is such a different setting, I fall in love with it again. :)

Sirène

I tend to play songs into the ground independent of practice or choreography so I have a high tolerance for hearing things repeatedly in class. It helps that my current teacher has really good musical taste. :)

Indigo Shimmer

I too have a tendency to beat a song to death. Now that I've decided on which song, I'm listening to it constantly. I'm afraid I'll be sick of it before I even start practicing the routine!

Indigo S.