Forum is changing

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
For those who wanted the light version it is now available!!!

This message was just left by the website manager today

"The light version is available now, try this link

OR

At the bottom change your style to Halusia2"

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I think I'll try the green one for a while - I like having 2 themes, you can change them with your moods:D
~Mosaic

teela

Is this new forum browser dependent? I am using firefox and the various threads show all the replies but not the original posting so I do not know what the original posting says.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Is this new forum browser dependent? I am using firefox and the various threads show all the replies but not the original posting so I do not know what the original posting says.

What version of FF are you using? I just checked with mine, running the most recent version of FF, and I do not have the issue you mentioned. Some of these layouts may not be backwards compatable with various browers. The light one might be where the purple one is not.

Last edited:

Sirène

I like the "light" color scheme better, but why does everything get shifted to the right?

I'm having difficulty with the ads inside the actual posts. It renders some posts nearly unreadable as the text is shoved all the way over into a narrow column. (see the attached screenshot) There should be a maximum width to them that doesn't exceed half the width of the post.

Attachments

• ads.jpg
    ads.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 34

jahbie

I'm using the green version now, and the new posts are still only showing the top half of the letters. I hope this is temporary, it's hard to read.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I like the "light" color scheme better, but why does everything get shifted to the right?

I'm having difficulty with the ads inside the actual posts. It renders some posts nearly unreadable as the text is shoved all the way over into a narrow column. (see the attached screenshot) There should be a maximum width to them that doesn't exceed half the width of the post.
I use FF & all is fine except of the New Posts page the last 2 columns have part of the letters cut off, in both the green & purple versions, but in google chrome that doesn't happen ( I prefer FF though). It happens in both purple & green versions. I don't get the ads in the posts because I have the FF addon (Firefox Adkiller) that blocks ads.
~Mosaic
NewPosts.jpg

Roxannya

Hi, I looked under my settings to change it to the "light" version of the new look but can't find it. Help please! thanks, this is pretty.

I found it by accident. If you scroll all the way down to (it seems like) any page you're on, in the lower left hand corner, there is a box to click on. The lighter version is Halusia 2. It's kind of a neat green combo.

Farasha Hanem

I would never ever do away with the music section, never fear! I am making the video and music section "private", so only registered users can see it. I probably mess something up when I was noodling around with it. I will go see if I can make it re appear :)

Thank you, Salome! :D

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I'm using the green version now, and the new posts are still only showing the top half of the letters. I hope this is temporary, it's hard to read.

Can you provide us with a screen shot so that we can better understand what you are referring to? Also let us know what browser and update you are using.

Actually for everyone having problems can you please send us a screenshot of the problem with the information on your browser you are using, what update it is, and if you have any add on's. This will help us figure things out and what might be interfearing.

Last edited:

Sophia Maria

Question: did the changes affect some of the ways in which the forum works? I only ask because I used to be able to go to my profile, and click on 'latest posts' or 'all posts' or something like that to keep track of what threads I was involved in. I found a button like that in this version, but it comes up blank, as if I haven't made any recent posts.

Also, can we only post one video per post now? Today was the first time I wasn't able to post more than one video and I had to double post.

ETA: By the way, I love the purple theme AND the light theme!

Daimona

The forum software is being upgraded as well as changing the colors. The admins are working hard to adjust and tune it and make everything work, but sometimes what worked previously might not work now. There will be more testing and changes going on as our wonderful admin get to know the new version.

Don't hesitate to report things if something isn't working properly, but don't be surprised if there are changes from day to day as well. :)

Last edited:

jahbie

Problem solved! My husband altered the size of the print and it all came into focus. Oddly enough it was only the New Posts page that was affected, everything else was fine.

gisela

Super Moderator
testing video question by Sophia Maria....
Yep, I am also unable to post more than one video.
This is the error message I get:

Reply to Thread
Post a reply to the thread: Forum is changing
Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission
You have included a total of 2 videos in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 1. Please correct the problem and then continue again.

The use of videos is subject to them being enabled by the administrator

seona

Thank you for the option of a light screen, I love the purple but don't get on with it, the green is so much easier on the eyes!

Sirène

I'm still getting the awkwardly narrow posts because they're being squished by overly large ads, however I inadvertently found a workaround: refresh the page and most likely I'll get a smaller ad in it's place.

A new issue—not really a problem, just a pet peeve—is that even though I've chosen the 'light' theme, each time I log into the forum it reverts back to the 'dark' theme.

I'm using IE9 on Vista.

ETA: Screenshot.

Attachments

• awkwardlynarrow.jpg
    awkwardlynarrow.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I'm still getting the awkwardly narrow posts because they're being squished by overly large ads, however I advertently found a workaround: refresh the page and most likely I'll get a smaller ad in it's place.

A new issue—not really a problem, just a pet peeve—is that even though I've chosen the 'light' theme, each time I log into the forum it reverts back to the 'dark' theme.

I'm using IE9 on Vista.

ETA: Screenshot.

Have you tried clearing your cookies? or download google chrome or Mozilla Firefox & use one of those browsers. I don't use IE except if I have to go to Microsoft to download something ( they won't let FF do that). Also go to your My Profile - click customize my profile and save the green version. Maybe that will help, but I can't be 100% sure if that only relates to the profile or not, but worth a try.
~Mosaic