Forum is changing

Kartane

Sad to say I find this new color scheme terribly hard to read. I hope a light version comes soon, because this is really difficult. :-(

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
As has been stated in previous posts, there is a light version coming. Please see Salome's post on page 2, #14 regarding the color schemes. :)

shiradotnet

I think the purple color scheme is very pretty, but the shade of purple used for the hyperlinks is extremely difficult to read due to having very poor contrast against the dark background. Is it possible to select a different, light, bright color for the hyperlinks? Perhaps a turquoise?

Within messages, I find the text readable. But the menu of available threads is almost impossible for me to read, as well as the choices in the Notifications drop-down menu.

jahbie

Same here. The list of threads has only the top half of the letters showing, so I'm doing a lot of guessing.

I think the purple color scheme is very pretty, but the shade of purple used for the hyperlinks is extremely difficult to read due to having very poor contrast against the dark background. Is it possible to select a different, light, bright color for the hyperlinks? Perhaps a turquoise?

Within messages, I find the text readable. But the menu of available threads is almost impossible for me to read, as well as the choices in the Notifications drop-down menu.

Shanazel

Despite my passion for purple I am glad there will be a dark on light choice. I've always found light on dark hard to read for extended periods. On the other hand maybe this color scheme will force me to spend more time doing stuff I should be doing instead of checking on OD several times a day. ;)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
There will be another (light) theme available soon. This is going to be what it looks like Sultantheme's vb4 Forums - Demo & Support Forum everything about that skin is light and soft, so for those not into the darker colors, viola!
Is there any way this theme can be set up to be changed like in one's profile, I've played around with that altering colour depths & link colours etc & it is great to be able to change the depth of colours.
~Mosaic

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Same here. The list of threads has only the top half of the letters showing, so I'm doing a lot of guessing.

The last column on the new posts page is only 1/2 showing for me & the last post today column has a tiny bit of the top of the letters cutoff. I can't work out why that is happening. I might try google chrome & see if it is peculiar to FF.
~Mosaic

Shanazel

I'm having a much easier time today reading the light on dark, I assume because the font is larger. I'm glad because I'd hate to have to leave purple for tan. :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
The font size is the same for me, probably because I have it set to be bigger in FF options. I am still seeing 1/2 letters on the forum post list page, but in google chrome it is fine so it must be something to do with FF. I don't like GC much so at this time will stick with FF.
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

But there used to be an actual Music subsection . Most of the questions were about finding a song, or song identification, but we had some good discussions about Arabic music structure, too. And Jane's music list recommendations were stickied. :(

Jane

I loved the music section for discussing musicians, music theory, songs and albums, etc. Is it possible to bring back the music section? :pray: We dancers wouldn't get very far without our lovely music!

Salome

Administrator
I would never ever do away with the music section, never fear! I am making the video and music section "private", so only registered users can see it. I probably mess something up when I was noodling around with it. I will go see if I can make it re appear :)