Can you help me find this saiidi video? Pleeeease?!

Birdlight

H all

I've spent about 2hours trying to find a specific video I recall being on youtube. It was a duet cane dance but set to industrial style music. I remember they did some rally nifty on time cane tapping, and I want to use it for some cane inspiration. This was about three years ao so it may either a)no longer exist or b) be rubbisher than I remember but if anyone can help me find it, I'll..send cookies!

Thanks (If I should have put this in a different section of the forum I apologise! Couldn't decide where t put it)

gisela

Super Moderator
Sorry, I can't recall having seen this video.

(I moved your thread to the "I'm searching for" section)

Dunyah

Okay, I just have to say it. Cane dance to industrial music does not equal Saidi dance.

That could go in the odd bd video thread, I'm thinking. Not to say that they aren't good dancers.

Birdlight

It really was an excellent dance, using a lot of traditional saiidi steps, but I take your point. The old 'is it still bellydance if it's done to different music...' argument is well played out now methinks. I'll describe it as a cane dance with saiidi steps done to industrial music instead :-D
in fact I'll call it anything at all if only I could find it!!

Birdlight

It really was an excellent dance, using a lot of traditional saiidi steps, but I take your point. The old 'is it still bellydance if it's done to different music...' argument is well played out now methinks. I'll describe it as a cane dance with saiidi steps done to industrial music instead :-D
in fact I'll call it anything at all if only I could find it!!

And I mean the one I remember, not the one above. Not a fan of the video posted above!