Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally!

Post Thanks / Like

Great news! I'm sure it will be lots of fun. Just relax and don't beat yourself up if you don't remember everything at once. Your body needs some time to figure out those moves again.
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Daimona, the cloth I'm using is some sort of cotton mix, so they look a bit like linnen from afar. Have no idea what they're made of since I bought the fabric at a second hand store (love second hand! i often find more things there than in a regular shop and for for very little coin!)

I hope the nervousness will go away ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munniko View Post
    Do you mean legitimate tights or what are more commonly known as panty hose? I had a lady in my class wear just those as pants with a coin belt over them and it was kind of distracting being able to see her underwear the entire class.
    No - I'd call those pantyhose. Skin tight, stretchy pants. I have a couple of pair in lyrca which you can dry overnight for workshops, and a couple of thicker warmer sets for winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M'Lady Caija View Post
    I started sewing a pair of rather fitted harem pants, to use both when dancing and when doing yoga so I can move around in them without getting "strangled" and I also hava a half done Choli-top to finish so That will work out nonetheless
    Personally, I like to be able to see students' knees. Harem pants tend to be too loose. (But not as bad as a skirt)

Post Thanks / Like

Kashmir, I'm aware of that and many instructors prefer "clear vision", but either this kind of pants or no dancing at all, I have to take care of my self-issues and how I'm looking too. I don't have even the legging-type of pants at home unless I use a long dress or skirt (hate when my thighs are chafing eachother) but I would never dream about wearing only the leggings no matter if they're seethrough or not. I'm not that comfortable in my own body...

But there's also differences in harem pants and harem pants, those are not very wide, they have the same widht almost from top to bottom but they're not extreme. I made them so they would work both for dancing and doing yoga så I had to make sure they allow me to move, but not being so floppy they're in the way. Pics will be posted ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun!!! I miss taking classes but there is nothing local at all for me to take at my level or above. I'm learning using videos I'm purchasing and online instruction. Ah the bain of living on a small island.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
    2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
    3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
    4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners
    ~ Attributed to Dick Crum, a folk dance teacher ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12