Finally!

M'Lady Caija

finally I'm able to start BD! They managed to get a full group at the local center for dancing and such! So the 13th of march I start dancing again! :dance:

So now I have to make sure to finish my practicing-clothes ^^

Kashmir

Great! But all you need is tights (or not too loose but flexible pants), a bra and a T-shirt. Viola! Practice clothes.

Munniko

Great! But all you need is tights (or not too loose but flexible pants), a bra and a T-shirt. Viola! Practice clothes.

Do you mean legitimate tights or what are more commonly known as panty hose? I had a lady in my class wear just those as pants with a coin belt over them and it was kind of distracting being able to see her underwear the entire class.

Daimona

finally I'm able to start BD! They managed to get a full group at the local center for dancing and such! So the 13th of march I start dancing again! :dance:

So now I have to make sure to finish my practicing-clothes ^^

May I suggest closely fitted thorsberg trousers? ;)

Do you mean legitimate tights or what are more commonly known as panty hose? I had a lady in my class wear just those as pants with a coin belt over them and it was kind of distracting being able to see her underwear the entire class.

Augh! The mental pictures!

I don't think of sheer pantyhose, but think of Tights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that is also called leggings in some part of the world.

Munniko

)
Augh! The mental pictures!

I don't think of sheer pantyhose, but think of Tights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that is also called leggings in some part of the world.

Yeah, at least in Wisconsin anything that isn't solid and non-see through are tights, but as soon as you can't see through it is leggings. So when I hear tights I view it as something I WILL see underwear through (and yeah thank whoever that woman was wearing underwear I think she literally came in work clothes and just took off her skirt/pants and that was it for practice clothes)

M'Lady Caija

I started sewing a pair of rather fitted harem pants, to use both when dancing and when doing yoga so I can move around in them without getting "strangled" and I also hava a half done Choli-top to finish so That will work out nonetheless ^^

I had a perfect pair of workout pants last time I danced in class, but now they have went to pants-heaven. The elastic was worn out and on the buttocks they we're so used you could tell the pattern of my panties even thou the pant-fabric was black so I felt I had to throw them away. I'm not comfy with having my undies showing ^^

Daimona, haha! That would be a sight for sore eyes! In wool then also? *giggles hysterically* I'd be dead after half an hour ;)

I'm looking forward to it but also have a slight hesitation now, It's been so long now is this still for me? Is my intrest enough? Or is it common with this sort of second guessing when you've had a long paus in your dancing?

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Good to hear you have found a class to return too:D As for being nervous, I'm sure once you get there and begin to dance again, any hesitation/nerves will disappear very quickly.
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
Great news! I'm sure it will be lots of fun. Just relax and don't beat yourself up if you don't remember everything at once. Your body needs some time to figure out those moves again.

M'Lady Caija

Daimona, the cloth I'm using is some sort of cotton mix, so they look a bit like linnen from afar. Have no idea what they're made of since I bought the fabric at a second hand store (love second hand! i often find more things there than in a regular shop and for for very little coin!)

I hope the nervousness will go away ^^

Kashmir

No - I'd call those pantyhose. Skin tight, stretchy pants. I have a couple of pair in lyrca which you can dry overnight for workshops, and a couple of thicker warmer sets for winter.

Kashmir

I started sewing a pair of rather fitted harem pants, to use both when dancing and when doing yoga so I can move around in them without getting "strangled" and I also hava a half done Choli-top to finish so That will work out nonetheless
Personally, I like to be able to see students' knees. Harem pants tend to be too loose. (But not as bad as a skirt)

M'Lady Caija

Kashmir, I'm aware of that and many instructors prefer "clear vision", but either this kind of pants or no dancing at all, I have to take care of my self-issues and how I'm looking too. I don't have even the legging-type of pants at home unless I use a long dress or skirt (hate when my thighs are chafing eachother) but I would never dream about wearing only the leggings no matter if they're seethrough or not. I'm not that comfortable in my own body...

But there's also differences in harem pants and harem pants, those are not very wide, they have the same widht almost from top to bottom but they're not extreme. I made them so they would work both for dancing and doing yoga så I had to make sure they allow me to move, but not being so floppy they're in the way. Pics will be posted ^^

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Have fun!!! I miss taking classes but there is nothing local at all for me to take at my level or above. I'm learning using videos I'm purchasing and online instruction. Ah the bain of living on a small island.