Reputation points under this new forum software?

shiradotnet

Hi! I see we can still rep someone, but that the icon for doing it has changed to a little 6-pointed sunburst.

But, how do we go to our own profile to see a list of reps that have been received? The User CP choice to do that used to be prominently displayed on the old version, but I can't find it on the new one.

Thanks in advance!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Shira, go to settings at the top of the page, you'll see your name, notifications My profile, settings, click on settings and you'll see your latest thread posts and below that the reputation list.
~Mosaic

Duvet

Can anyone please tell me how I find out who has repped me? I can see the message they left, but I can't see any indication of who did it - so no way of thanking them individually. Apologies if I'm missing something obvious!

Sorry anyone reading this who repped me and I've never responded to you. I don't know how!

Darshiva

Click on settings. To the far right of each message underneath the date of the rep being given is the person who gave.

BigJim

I'm with Duvet on this one.... I never knew they existed... and apologies for not responding to those that repped... I'm still having trouble trying to figure out who repped as trying to follow the instructions is not working for me... I can see the rep by going to settings... they pop up.... but going over to the time and date on the right side... nothing there...

Darshiva

That's odd. I'm going to play around with the different forum skins & see if that makes a difference. FYI, I am using green at the moment.

Okay, did a quick check with the three standard styles and it's all showing up. Are you both using the mobile version of the site when this problem occurs?

Last edited:

Amulya

I don't rep anymore, I 'like' posts, I find that much easier and you can do it multiple times for the same person and with rep you can't.

Darshiva

I rep if someone says something really profound. I like if I like. I often do both at the same time. :)

Duvet

That's odd. I'm going to play around with the different forum skins & see if that makes a difference. FYI, I am using green at the moment.

Okay, did a quick check with the three standard styles and it's all showing up. Are you both using the mobile version of the site when this problem occurs?

Hi Darshiva. Thanks for responding. I'm using the green skin, and cannot see any information underneath the date. Have tried the other skins and still nothing there. Could it be due to not being a paid up member?

Darshiva

No, I don't think so. I'm not a paid member either.

What I'll get you to do is to pm your problems with a screen capture (if you're using windows press the 'Ctrl' button at the same time as the 'Prt Sc Sys Rq' then open up the 'Paint' program and press the 'Ctrl' button and the 'C' button at the same time, then save the file) to ѕнα∂у fσя ℓιfє who is our web guy here.

Tell him everything you can about the computer/mobile device you use and the browser client you use to access the website. (for example I am running windows 7 32 bit on a laptop and I am using firefox 24.0 to access the site) This will help him figure out exactly where to look for the problem and how to fix it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

shiradotnet

I rep if someone says something really profound. I like if I like. I often do both at the same time.

I might "like" a post as a shorthand way of saying "I agree" or "I enjoyed reading that."

If the post strikes me as particularly insightful, well-written, carefully thought-out, informative, etc, I'll give it BOTH rep and a "like".