Belly Dancers over 40

NormaW

It's very sad but true. I know there are many dancers who are still dancing professionally after 40 but not many. I live in an area that has a very high ME population and tons of dancers, although only a handful of good ones. I was forced to retire at the age of 39!!!!!! Early 2000's and about 15 young things hit the market all at the same time. Few of them are around now. But a whole new crop has sprung up to replace them.

But the sad truth is who wants to work in a club where the clientele are young enough to be your children? There are a couple of older dancers in there early 40's who are making a comeback as it were, because people are tired of hiring dancers who don't have the skill and experience of the older dancers, but they tell me it is brutal out there. Not like it used to be. Plus they have to work very hard to maintain their looks and many have resorted to plastic surgery.

Amulya

Lot of famous and successful dancers are over 40 aren't they? If I remember their ages right. Or they are soon turning 40. Didn't Rachel Brice just turn 40?