I'm beginning to show symptoms of bellydance addiction.

MzHartz

After seeing local dancers for years and wanting to try belly dancing, I finally joined a class. I've only been going for 4 weeks, but I'm loving it. It's in the Egyptian Cabaret style. I think I'm addicted. Class was cancelled this week, and I think I'm going through withdrawal. There's no class next week either, what will I do?!

I've been practicing on my own, but it would be nice to have something to follow along to. I've perused the DVD lists, but the room I practice in doesn't have a TV. I'm open to recommendations of anything I can stream or download on my iPad. I plan to check out the video section of the forum after I'm done here.

My next stop after that is the costume thread to see if there's any better class wear than the yoga gear I'm using.

Roxannya

My next stop after that is the costume thread to see if there's any better class wear than the yoga gear I'm using.

Welcome to the forum. I love that you're here after only four weeks of classes. This is a great place to learn, too.

Your yoga stuff is fine for class. In class I kind of wear what the majority of classmates wear. For home use, though, I go to the second hand stores and buy skirts that are a number of sizes too big, but have a draw string waist. That way I can tie the skirt around my hips and have a full skirt for turns and spins. I've tried making crop tops by cutting the bottoms off tank tops and re-hemming, but wasn't impressed with the results of my first attempt and never tried it again.

Will be interesting to see what others have to say.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum & yes it sure sounds like you are thoroughly addicted ... sorry there is no cure, so welcome to your addiction as well:D

World dance New York has some ipad apps you can buy and download to ipads. I've never viewed them but they should be pretty good as WDNY is very well known ( here they are on Neons website Neon :: New York City :: belly dance instruction and performance :: bellydance instructor New York City ) or there is BhuzTV.com you can buy & download various DVDs there or stream. https://www.bhuz.tv/#
~Mosaic