Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am Back

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds very pretty.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quit Belly dancing and hoping to start again soon

I've been on the forum from time to time, but I basically quit belly dancing. Lately, however, I keep finding myself doing some isolations I remember from past studies....watching videos of favorite belly dancers on YouTube...and wanting to dance again. There are still no lessons within 165 miles, but (my writing area notwithstanding) I'm good at organization and planning. I am thinking of making myself a belly dance playlist from all the music I have left over from before, making myself a lesson plan, and going back to it.

I know why I keep quitting...it's because I get discouraged and down. There have been some issues in my life lately, and I've got exactly one friend who talks to me for a few minutes a couple times a week and no other social life....struggling with my business...not to get too deep into personal stuff...but things just kind of blew up into a big mess and belly dancing fell by the wayside.

But I'm thinking it might help me to get back into it. So I thought I'd give it a try again.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, LadyLoba, and welcome back. Have you given any thought to online classes? Since losing my transportation to my regular classes, I've been taking online classes with Darshiva, who teaches Egyptian style. There are a number of teachers available online, I'm sure you can find one who's a good fit in whatever style you want to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I never thought of that...that is a very good idea..online lessons. I rely heavily on the SOUL Studio Belly dance Dictionary's online lessons..but they aren't full lessons, just demos. I had my first day back to bellydancing today, and I remembered all the basic isolations, the 5 shimmies I knew and the 5 traveling steps I knew....and am working on combining them into dances...but that is rough of course. I used to be able to do it smoothly.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back.

Since my skype classes have been invoked in this thread, I'll point you towards some videos of me performing so you can see for yourself if my style is something you'd like in your own dance practice. If it does interest you, shoot me a pm and we can take it from there.

Darshiva Dances
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

Well hello Sierra!

I am new here, and I am just saying hi to everyone around ^_^

I hope you can find a belly dance class, but in the meanwhile take advantage of your situation, learn at your own pace and at your own time. I have been self taught for around 10 years (since the first time I heard about bellydance when I was 10 years old) My mother was the first one to teach me anything about it (just some figure 8's) and I was very excited learning new things and actually it was being quite easy for me. Later, I wanted to join dance schools but I never had the opportunity, but I danced everytime I could (two talent shows during school years, and a dance contest) also I always watched videos to learn more, but I was not constant :S

Now im in a school, and I am loving it.

well, thats it, nice to meet you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12