What's Your Problem?

Amulya

I think Zorba has the lo down on what happened to him, but I found what he wrote which is recorded on Zorba's website as similar to my experiences despite me being nowhere near his level, long before I discovered I was in actual fact the same genotype as he and it is perhaps why what he wrote sung to me because with this genotype many of us are unsure of where we fit in to society to start with as our compulsions and feelings do not always correspond with our social appearance and indeed it was the original reason for the androgen replacement therapy that many of this genotype take was for the purpose of making an xxy more of a man which of course we can never be, because our genetics are different, no synthetic hormone can fix that.

Why does it need 'fixing'? If you are happy with who you are why try to change something? I have been reading a lot about gender issues and someone said something really interesting and very true, that gender isn't a black and white issue. They meant especially when it comes to the brain. And now scientists are wondering if man and woman really have such different brains (I personally don't believe in the stereotypical ideas of male and female brains or male vs female way of thinking, it just can't be that black and white)

khanjar

Why does it need 'fixing'? If you are happy with who you are why try to change something? I have been reading a lot about gender issues and someone said something really interesting and very true, that gender isn't a black and white issue. They meant especially when it comes to the brain. And now scientists are wondering if man and woman really have such different brains (I personally don't believe in the stereotypical ideas of male and female brains or male vs female way of thinking, it just can't be that black and white)

The issue I am trying to address is my confidence and motivational stuff, but mostly the confidence as everything else is connected as it is declining and I have exhausted all possible other reasons why and so I am now left with hormonal issues to investigate and correct if necessary. And that is all I am interested in addressing through the belief if I can get any semblance of the confidence I have had in the past back many other issues I experience will also pale into absolute insignificance. And as to this art form a sense of confidence in myself I should not perceive what I do as so negative anymore and so for the sake of this forum I will hopefully stop bleating on about the same old things.

The gender questioning stuff I can deal with as really I have always been an oddball and been known for doing my own thing, but in the past I had the confidence in myself, the self belief and all and everything out of the ordinary I did, I excelled at, I would like to be like that again and to think if Zorba can wear a skirt, so can I

But I agree, from my research into the animal kingdom, gender is not so cut and dried as it seems humans would like to think

But an interesting article with reference to what I have said in my last paragraph;

A Third Sex around the World

Last edited:

Amulya

I think confidence issues are more a mental thing than hormonal. I doubt people can get more confident by taking hormones (unless they are transgender and they need them, but that's a whole different issue) Being happy with who you are would bring confidence :)
I wish society would be more accepting and easier towards people.

khanjar

I think confidence issues are more a mental thing than hormonal. I doubt people can get more confident by taking hormones (unless they are transgender and they need them, but that's a whole different issue) Being happy with who you are would bring confidence :)
I wish society would be more accepting and easier towards people.

Yeah, perhaps that's a lot of it; self acceptance fosters confidence and self acceptance never was my strong point, but it is something I am working on after a conscious lifetime of self repression for reasons already mentioned. As to the hormone stuff, if I can avoid it I intend to as i don't need any more weirdness.