View Poll Results: Thoughts on paid membership?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would not choose a paid membership (no mater what was included)

8 28.57%
  • I would consider a paid membership (depending on what is included & cost)

16 57.14%
  • I would definitely subscribe to a paid membership here

4 14.29%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chill, my dear girlfriends, and give each other a cyber-hug. All are welcome, whether or not they are capable or willing to support the forum financially.

The financial reality of running a site makes paid memberships a necessity. There are non-financial ways to support the forum if one so desires and has the time. Several of us support Oriental Dancer by moderating the subforums. Salome has offered to pay moderators but we collectively decided that we are happiest offering our services pro bono. My sub-forums are generally peaceful places but Gisela and Mosaic spend large chunks of time vetting new members to make sure they aren't spam weevils in disguise.

"All God's children have places in the choir; Some sing low and some sing higher; Some sing out loud on the telephone wire; and some just clap their hands."

Not that Salome is God, but you know what I mean.
    Last edited by Shanazel; 04-05-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Love you Shan - I was about to say the same thing ... more or less, maybe not as succinctly, & Salome may not be a God, but she is definitely a BD & this forum's Goddess
    ~M
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Coming in on 13,000 posts and she calls me succinct.

I love you, Mosaic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's official

The webmaster and I have been working on this and it is officially ready for action. There are two things not included that I originally planned. One is the ability to edit thread title. Not able to turn that on or off for a specific user group. The other is attachments to private message. There is a modification we can install for this but it is in beta and there are a lot of problems with it. At a future point, when those bugs are ironed out, I will have the mod installed. Not to inundate people with the announcement but I will be sending out an email to users also, as not everyone has frequented this thread.

How to become a Sponsor
    Click the "Sub" link in the main navigation, it's visible from any page on the forum. A new page will open that details the added permissions and allows you to check out for one month, six months or a year. Payments are processed by PayPal, you may use your PayPal account OR check out with debit/credit.

There may be some bugs. Maybe not. But if you find anything in your sponsor usergroup isn't functioning as it should, please let me know so we can fix it.
    Like the forum on Facebook ~ Follow me on Pinterest and Twitter ~ We appreciate support of this forum through ads, shopping, and donations.

Post Thanks / Like

We have our very first sponsor! I don't know if that person wants to be touted here so I won't name names, but thanks!
    Like the forum on Facebook ~ Follow me on Pinterest and Twitter ~ We appreciate support of this forum through ads, shopping, and donations.

Post Thanks / Like

A big thank you to our first sponser
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

Year long Sponsor # 2

Post Thanks / Like

How about a function where we could make just a donation too? I don't want /can't commit to a membership payment and I don't think I'm personally bothered about having perks or benefits, but it would be nice to have the option of giving one off donations when I can. Or would that confuse the situation?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seona View Post
    How about a function where we could make just a donation too? I don't want /can't commit to a membership payment and I don't think I'm personally bothered about having perks or benefits, but it would be nice to have the option of giving one off donations when I can. Or would that confuse the situation?
    Thank you Seona. There is a donation button at http://bellydanceforums.net/brass-ta...orums-net.html Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Great Salome! I will make a donation , when I can, for sure! thanks.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast