View Poll Results: Thoughts on paid membership?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would not choose a paid membership (no mater what was included)

8 28.57%
  • I would consider a paid membership (depending on what is included & cost)

16 57.14%
  • I would definitely subscribe to a paid membership here

4 14.29%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your donation Seona, very kind
    Like the forum on Facebook ~ Follow me on Pinterest and Twitter ~ We appreciate support of this forum through ads, shopping, and donations.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I am SOOOOOOO happy with not having any ads what so ever on my account now. I used to ignore them but I never really realized how much I still noticed them. Now it feels relaxing to me not to have any ads on the site. Just wanted to share the epiphany I just had.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
    2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
    3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
    4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners
    ~ Attributed to Dick Crum, a folk dance teacher ~

Post Thanks / Like

Hi: I, also, can't afford a paid membership. I'm the only one running my restaurant, dance school, and baklava business. No partner, no husband, no help. I've been ripped off so much by the people I trusted that I'm now struggling to come out from under. And the amounts of licenses, permits, and overhead are so astronomical that another $14 just can't work. Just had to put my two cents in. Thanks for the opportunity to say so. -SAusan

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not offended by the ads, frankly. I don't normally notice them, but if they are bellydance-related I sometimes click on them.

None of the other perks mentioned are things I would be willing to pay for, to be honest. In particular - I have been on other forums where people had too much free reign on their avatar and the result was a distracting array of sparkles, smiley faces doing cartwheels and flying pickle animations. I didn't care for it - sorry (I am curmudgeon?).

I also don't like the idea of a private member forum because I think it will discourage new users from getting involved. I remember when I first found popular bellydance forums as a new dancer and it opened my world. I lurked for quite awhile on the threads of more experienced dancers before I worked up the nerve to get involved. I would likely never have stuck around if I had to pay for a private member's forum to see the good conversations.

One thing I would be willing to pay for is access to a bustling swap meet. I hate Panjo. I think we all hate Panjo. If I could have the pre-Panjo, non-Facebook swap meet back in forum format I would be willing to pay as much as $5/month - but it would have to be well-attended by real dancers (not crap sellers) to be worthwhile, IMO.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567