Announcement about Shira.net

shiradotnet

After a lot of thought and careful consideration, I've decided to discontinue the Shira.net web site. 2013 marks the 16th anniversary, and the time has come to focus my efforts on something else. Thank you, thank you, to everybody who has supported my site over the years by linking to it, recommending it to your students, buying products through the Amazon links. etc. And if you've read this far, this is an April Fool's joke! No, I'm not really discontinuing the site, just thought I'd have a bit of fun for April Fool's Day!

Duvet

Haha. You had me worried there for a bit. Where else provides such excellent sources? Long may it last another 16 years.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
You just about gave me a heart attack!

My revenge will be slow and unpleasant...

... and you have to sleep SOMETIME! :lol:

Kashmir

Whew! That's a relief. What would we do without it? I've been a fan probably since it started.

AyaKara

My first thought:

"NO! I'VE ONLY JUST STARTED MY BELLY DANCE CAREER!"

What a sigh of relief I let out at the end. Thanks Shira, & Happy Easter to you & everyone here! :lol:

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
LOL I think you did this last year as an april fools prank and you had so many people going right away!!

shiradotnet

LOL I think you did this last year as an april fools prank and you had so many people going right away!!

Diana, you're absolutely right! I posted it on facebook last year and got such a satisfying response I just copied and pasted it again for this year! It's funny, only a couple of people recognized it from last year!

Sophia Maria

Dang it! This is the second April Fool's I've fallen for today that made me want to cry! First Peter Dinklage leaving Game of Thrones, now this...smh. Well played, sir, well played.

Aniseteph

:shok:

<indignant snort and harrumphing noises> Downright irresponsible, that's what I call it, playing tricks on people... :naghty: ;)

It sucked me in completely - probably doesn't help that I'm reading it a day late!

I was probably more inclined to believe it because there used to be a marvellous ballet site for mature dancers, and the owner decided to retire it one day out of the blue. There was so much fantastic material on the site, and it was so sad that the owner wasn't interested in any offers to keep it going, so it was all lost. I'm very relieved that's not the case here!