help identify this awesome song? arabic speakers please help!

Aniseteph

I don't know this recording, but it's a very famous song - Min hobbi feek ya ghari, Min hob fik ya ghari (the usual various spellings). Lots of versions out there I daresay, especially if you find the Arabic script and put that into YouTube.

szegedin

wow great, thanks so much. Would you be able to key this in Arabic (or is it Turkish? sorry I'm a musician, not a dancer in this loop :)

If I can find out the artist I want to get a high-quality recording of this.

Aniseteph

من حبي فيك يا جاري

I don't read (or speak) Arabic but Google scholar backs it up, though I've an idea it's "I love you, O neighbour" not "I love you, O Gary". :confused: :lol:

Here's a link to a Bhuz thread about it that might give you some more leads: Min Hobbi Fik Ya Ghari?

szegedin

That's funny, I saw the "Gary" thing on google translate too, and I was scratching my head like hmmm...

Interesting that this is so hard to track down - listening to other versions confirms to me that the original one I referenced - which is a live performance - was a particularly kick-ass recording, I just got to track this dude down! People avoid saying who it is on youtube so the record company won't tear it down.

szegedin

Thanks gisela. Ii'm still looking for the artist behind that live version. The different transliterations from arabic doesn't help matters. I feel like I'm back at a wedding in Eastern Europe meanwhile...