Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is frustrating. There are alternatives in the interim while I see what, if anything, can be done. You can use a browser like IE 9 and Firefox 20.0.1 where it is not an issue. Or you can subscribe and have no ads. Or use the ad blocker Mosaic suggested.
    Like the forum on Facebook ~ Follow me on Pinterest and Twitter ~ We appreciate support of this forum through ads, shopping, and donations.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Possible solution

Hello Everyone....

It does seem that the wide ad on the top is the cause of the problem, but I found, quite by accident, that if you reduce the size of the entire browser dialogue box the problem corrects itself.
    I don't think that I have explained this very well. Okay, a different approach. Click on the window button for your browser between the button that looks like a dash and the one that is an "X" and it should correct the problem.

Ælfscine

{Ælfscine sits there with her tail wrapped about her feet looking very cute and furry and pleased with herself that she has discovered this clever solution and is hoping that the Guardian of Castle Bellydance will now reward her with a nice fish and a bowl of cream.}

P.S.: I'm a ferret -- not a kitty.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having forum issues too. Subscribed and still getting ads. Also having issues with the first post on every page being gone, in a narrow columns of about 13 characters, or one character wide. I'm using chrome on the laptop (Windows) and android on the phone. I know you all are aware of the issues just wanted to let you know what things look like on my end. I'll sit tight until things are cleared up. Just let me know if a screen shot would be use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ælfscine View Post
    Hello Everyone....

It does seem that the wide ad on the top is the cause of the problem, but I found, quite by accident, that if you reduce the size of the entire browser dialogue box the problem corrects itself.
    I don't think that I have explained this very well. Okay, a different approach. Click on the window button for your browser between the button that looks like a dash and the one that is an "X" and it should correct the problem.

Ælfscine
    Which browser? I tried it in Chrome and the first post disappeared completely.

Post Thanks / Like

Adblocker seems to have done the trick for me.

But as Zumarrad said, that sucks for the advertisers...

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone found a browser that does not have the problem? I'm on Firefox and the entire first post of each page is just a huge empty box.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunyah, I use FF 20.0.1 with firefox ad blocker add-on, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/ad-killer/ & don't have any problems. The last post on a page is blank on the right side where an ad would be, but the post itself even though to the left is not squished.
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

Post Worked with Windows Internet Explorer

Hi....

It works on Windows Internet Explorer but on a PC running under Windows XP Professional. I tried Chrome under the same OS but, yes, it didn't work.

Okay, I just tried Chrome, Firefox and Windows Internet Explorer on my ASUS Notebook which runs under Windows 7 Home Premium. Of these only Windows Internet Explorer worked without a hitch.

Ælfstangard says, "It is not unusual for website developers to optimise their sites for one type of browser in disregard for others who do not use the same browser. They don't seem to realize the trouble it causes for people using different browsers or they just don't care." He should know because computer troubleshooting is part of his job.

Hope this helps,

Ælfscine
    Last edited by Ælfscine; 04-16-2013 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Update

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    Yes it is frustrating. There are alternatives in the interim while I see what, if anything, can be done. You can use a browser like IE 9 and Firefox 20.0.1 where it is not an issue. Or you can subscribe and have no ads. Or use the ad blocker Mosaic suggested.
    Hi Salome...

I tried Firefox 20.0.1 and it didn't solve my problem. Are you running some additional add-in that we might not be aware of?

Ælfscine

Post Thanks / Like

I'm subscribed and getting the same amount of ads I was before. Zappos in a top banner and a credit union ad in a block on the last post in this thread. Is that normal? Also having weird columns of text in the top posts.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast