My eyes are dim....

arun

Administrator
I'm subscribed and getting the same amount of ads I was before. Zappos in a top banner and a credit union ad in a block on the last post in this thread. Is that normal? Also having weird columns of text in the top posts.

Hello jane, you were a member of a additional user group that's why you were seeing the adds. Now, i have removed you from the post participant group & you should be fine now.

For others, i am working on a solution, please be patient.

Thanks.

SeeJaneDance

I was having this same problem, up until I read this thread. I finally realized that at work, I don't use a full-screen browser window. By widening the window, the text appears! Narrow the window back up, and the ad squishes it out. Just a thought, but if that ad were the same size as the one in the bottom post, which consistently appears narrower, there wouldn't be an issue. Unless people are also having problems with the bottom post. For what it's worth, I actually like the ads. Not their locations in the post--that's honestly a bit aggravating. But I like seeing the ads themselves. I click on them pretty regularly.

shiradotnet

You can use a browser like IE 9 and Firefox 20.0.1 where it is not an issue.

I have Firefox 20.0.1 and I am unable to view the top message on every page. The only way to see what the message contains is to his "reply with quote" which then puts the text of the message into the reply box.

shiradotnet

Click on the window button for your browser between the button that looks like a dash and the one that is an "X" and it should correct the problem.

I tried this, and the very first message on the page still appears entirely blank, as well as being rather huge.

Zumarrad

That is the same problem that I was having which was solved only by installing Adblocker.

Websites do need to work in all the browsers and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Is this still happening? I did a few changes to see what is happening and this is what I got website admin.

Using Chrome most updated version with no add ons. (Version 26.0.1410.64 m)

Purple theme:

- Am getting squished threads with adverstisments in them depending on size of the ad. ( I should not be getting advertisment either as I am a premium member. Only show in the purple theme)
- Getting ads in both first and last post of thread pages.
- Not missing text in first posts of threads.

Green Theme:

- Not getting the squished threads . Do not get the ad in the first thread but do appear in the top banner and also in the last post on the page. (I should not be getting ads at all)
- Not missing text in first posts of the threads.

Using Firfox most updated version with no add ons.. (Version 20.0.1)

Purple theme:

- Same issues as the chrome

Green theme:

- Getting a squished first thread but can't see an advertisment. I can see an advertisment on the last post of the page and the banner.
-Not missing text in the first posts of the threads.

Salome

Administrator
Update: there IS something I can try (for missing and squished first posts) that I am told may solve this issue for people, regardless of the browser they use. Sadly, the 'fix' isn't working. vbulletin is in the midst of fixing it. I check daily... and as soon as they release the fix, we will give it a shot. To be continued.

seona

Update: there IS something I can try (for missing and squished first posts) that I am told may solve this issue for people, regardless of the browser they use. Sadly, the 'fix' isn't working. vbulletin is in the midst of fixing it. I check daily... and as soon as they release the fix, we will give it a shot. To be continued.

Ah, so you are aware, I am on the green format and all the top/1st posts are squished.

Salome

Administrator
Dear faithful and stalwart members! We removed the ad from the first post. I didn't necessarily want to do that because it is a valuable placement, however there was just no resolving it any other way. Our experience on the forum doesn't need to be fraught with difficulty trying to deduce what the type is in the first post. So the good news is the missing and squished first post issue is fixed. We put the ad in its own post right after the first post and hopefully that will do ok. I know this was reallllllllly frustrating and i appreciate you all dealing with it.

shiradotnet

It looks great for me now. The ad is showing up below the first post and looks fine there. It's nice to be able to use the forum normally again. Maybe once Vbulletin issues a fix you can move the ad back to the top post. Sorry you've had such a headache with this! I know what a pain it is to run a large, complex site!