My eyes are dim....

Mosaic

Super Moderator
OK, it must be chrome because I just checked using my chrome again ( 2 days ago all was fine with chrome) - anyway on chrome the first post is missing in threads only showing an ad, the last post is to the left with an ad on the right. I am a FF user and I don't have any problems with that, I also use an ad blocker plugin with FF, so don't see in thread ads.
~Mosaic

Ariadne

I just checked Chrome too and while there is a readable 1st post (1600res) it's very squished with a much smaller ad in the last post. Out of curiosity, would it be possible to move that first ad to between the posts instead of inside them? Or if that won't work maybe as a "footnote"?

Daimona

I'm using firefox, but still I'm still having the problem of first post on each page being squeezed into a column to the left. Btw, I'm seconding Ariadne's suggestion, if possible of changing the placement.

Last edited:

Shanazel

I can read the first post on each page but above that post is a large rectangle containing part of one of those blue and white "cannot find web page" notices.

Farasha Hanem

Since my browser is going to close later this summer, I went ahead and switched to Chrome, and lo and behold, the first post of each page is missing. I solved this problem by downloading AdBlocker Plus. Voila! Problem solved! :D

Wish I knew how to solve the problem on my iPhone, now. :(

Roshanna

I am having this problem when using Chrome on my android phone, but it's OK in Firefox on my work PC (naughty me) at the moment. Haven't checked on my laptop for a bit..

Farasha Hanem

I found AdBlocker Plus for the iPhone! WHEEEEEEEEE!!! :D

I know ads serve a necessary purpose, but when they cause glitches, it IS annoying. :/

Zumarrad

I can see in Opera, but don't want to change browsers all the time. Shame, it was getting interesting and there were a few useful discussions, but ... hope they get round to fixing it sometime.

Salome

Administrator
Yes it is frustrating. There are alternatives in the interim while I see what, if anything, can be done. You can use a browser like IE 9 and Firefox 20.0.1 where it is not an issue. Or you can subscribe and have no ads. Or use the ad blocker Mosaic suggested.

Ælfscine

Possible solution

Hello Everyone....

It does seem that the wide ad on the top is the cause of the problem, but I found, quite by accident, that if you reduce the size of the entire browser dialogue box the problem corrects itself.
I don't think that I have explained this very well. :confused: Okay, a different approach. Click on the window button for your browser between the button that looks like a dash and the one that is an "X" and it should correct the problem. :lol:

Ælfscine

{Ælfscine sits there with her tail wrapped about her feet looking very cute and furry and pleased with herself that she has discovered this clever solution and is hoping that the Guardian of Castle Bellydance will now reward her with a nice fish and a bowl of cream.}

P.S.: I'm a ferret -- not a kitty.

Jane

I'm having forum issues too. Subscribed and still getting ads. Also having issues with the first post on every page being gone, in a narrow columns of about 13 characters, or one character wide. I'm using chrome on the laptop (Windows) and android on the phone. I know you all are aware of the issues just wanted to let you know what things look like on my end. I'll sit tight until things are cleared up. Just let me know if a screen shot would be use.

Ariadne

Hello Everyone....

It does seem that the wide ad on the top is the cause of the problem, but I found, quite by accident, that if you reduce the size of the entire browser dialogue box the problem corrects itself.
I don't think that I have explained this very well. :confused: Okay, a different approach. Click on the window button for your browser between the button that looks like a dash and the one that is an "X" and it should correct the problem. :lol:

Ælfscine
Which browser? I tried it in Chrome and the first post disappeared completely.

Dunyah

Has anyone found a browser that does not have the problem? I'm on Firefox and the entire first post of each page is just a huge empty box.

Ælfscine

Worked with Windows Internet Explorer

Hi....

It works on Windows Internet Explorer but on a PC running under Windows XP Professional. I tried Chrome under the same OS but, yes, it didn't work.

Okay, I just tried Chrome, Firefox and Windows Internet Explorer on my ASUS Notebook which runs under Windows 7 Home Premium. Of these only Windows Internet Explorer worked without a hitch.

Ælfstangard says, "It is not unusual for website developers to optimise their sites for one type of browser in disregard for others who do not use the same browser. They don't seem to realize the trouble it causes for people using different browsers or they just don't care." He should know because computer troubleshooting is part of his job.

Hope this helps,

Ælfscine

Last edited:

Ælfscine

Yes it is frustrating. There are alternatives in the interim while I see what, if anything, can be done. You can use a browser like IE 9 and Firefox 20.0.1 where it is not an issue. Or you can subscribe and have no ads. Or use the ad blocker Mosaic suggested.

Hi Salome...

I tried Firefox 20.0.1 and it didn't solve my problem. Are you running some additional add-in that we might not be aware of?

Ælfscine

Jane

I'm subscribed and getting the same amount of ads I was before. Zappos in a top banner and a credit union ad in a block on the last post in this thread. Is that normal? Also having weird columns of text in the top posts.