Skype stitch & bitch meeting?

Darshiva

I have a bellydancer (gingerbread lady) and a dancer with wings (angel) cutter now. The store in Horsham has the most amazingly awesome collection of cutters. It's hard not to just buy them all & be done with it. So I'm pacing myself. Besides, if I'm really that hard up for bellydancers I can always paint a hipscarf on the ducks & kitties in icing sugar!

Don't know when we'll have internet again though. The phone is being connected on Thursday, so after that at some yet-to-be-determined point in time.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I have a bellydancer (gingerbread lady) and a dancer with wings (angel) cutter now. The store in Horsham has the most amazingly awesome collection of cutters. It's hard not to just buy them all & be done with it. So I'm pacing myself. Besides, if I'm really that hard up for bellydancers I can always paint a hipscarf on the ducks & kitties in icing sugar!

Don't know when we'll have internet again though. The phone is being connected on Thursday, so after that at some yet-to-be-determined point in time.

Photos please! The cutters sound interesting. Are you in your house now?
~Mosaic

Ariadne

I am getting so tempted to make some Bellydancer cookie cutters now.

I'm not available on Monday and Friday night, Sunday mornings, and the 24th this month in general. I really hope this actually happens. It would be so cool. :pray:

Amulya

For me most days and times are good. I have insomnia so if it's at nighttime in Aus it doesn't matter haha. My last sewing project is finished though, I had to very quickly alter a jacket I needed for a wedding today. Turned out good :)

walladah

I still cannot read the initial posts of every page!! what is is this thread about? is it any skype meeting planned for the forum members?

:dance:

Darshiva

Photos please! The cutters sound interesting. Are you in your house now?
~Mosaic

We signed the lease yesterday, so on a technicality, yes. But we're still at the caravan park (two glorious months!) while we move in over the next couple of days. Like my husband, I am spending my birthday moving (him from Echuca to here, me from here to our new home).

Still don't know when we'll get the internet on at the new place, but I'll have the phone on on Thursday, so pm me with your number (australians only, sorry guys, otherwise it's too expensive!) so I can give the new line a thrashing. :D

Amulya

Wadallah I have the same problem: each first post on each page of a thread shows as an empty box. Do you use an IPad, MacBook or another Apple device? Maybe it's only a problem for Macs? But several people complained about it.

walladah

No, it is my personal PC which cannot access the first posts... and i have MS windows

and mozilla as a browser. Then, it should not be a problem with the forum!

Anyway, when are we going to have the skype meeting? i am looking forward to it!

Shanazel

First we need someone or someones who know their way around skype. I'm not even hooked up yet and don't know how to talk to one person much less how to conference call.

Experts, please Identify yourselves. :cool:

walladah

First we need someone or someones who know their way around skype. I'm not even hooked up yet and don't know how to talk to one person much less how to conference call.

Experts, please Identify yourselves. :cool:

Ok, now the technophobic 's writing:
first you need to download the skype software, which is free here Free Skype internet calls and cheap calls to phones online - Skype
then you need to open a skype account, with just an email, no other details are really required apart from a username and a name (which can be a nom de plume and not the real one if you feel uncomfortable)
that's it!
once the account is there, you are able to search on the search engine of skype and find people you know. Usually it is better to ask your friends to give their skype names, because many times names are similar all over the globe.

To talk with someone for free or have a video call for free, you need just to... press a button on your skype window/screen! then you talk as long as you can stand awake, i.e. for hours and hours...

If i managed to have a skype account and use it, then anybody can!

Shanazel

I for one will wait for you to get connected. What fun would it be without our Dar?

AND BLESS YOU WALLADAH! Mmmmmmmwah!

Darshiva

If I'm lucky, we'll have internet on tomorrow. If not, the gods only know when I'll have net.

In the meantime, those of you who want in please pm me your skype userid. I'll friend you & make a note of when most people seem active and we can use that as a basis on which to set a time for the skype S&B.

Ariadne

I was planning on using my husbands account. He rarely uses it though so I doubt you'll get any results. Maybe I should just make my own... :think:

Darshiva

Well if all goes according to plan, we'll have the internet connected next Wednesday/Thursday so maybe the following week we can do the skype sesh.

If you're interested in going ahead with this with me as the host, pm me with your userid and time zone and the times you'll be unavailable. That way I can make sure that we're less likely to sit smack in the middle of anyone's sleep time and hopefully find a time that is going to have most people available.

ETA - I have officially dubbed this the Skype & Stitch Session. I'm still trying to figure out how to save everyone as a group separately from my gamer friends, but it's not looking easy. I've started saving the people I already have on my skype (who've indicated they want in) to a notepad file so I can hopefully find everyone easily when I need to.

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

My username is the same as here, but I don't know if I remember my password! @__@

EDIT: Oops, I'm wrong, my Skype name is something else! @_@

Last edited: