Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: False Eyelashes

Post Thanks / Like

Default False Eyelashes

I have a pair that doesn't cover my whole eyelid. I don't know if they exist in longer version. So when I put them on there is a whole bit of eyelid that misses out and it looks weird. Another problem is that the edge scrapes over the other part of my eyelid with each blink. I could cut the corner a bit sloping but the corners already keep peeling off, so the the end bit gets too thin it might not stay on at all. And they are so heavy it's hard to keep my eyes open!

So: any tips? What are the ones you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Ardell make the comfiest ones, in my opinion.

From your description, you might have a half set. Do you have a link for them?

Check out this video for application tips from a master makeup artist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx_l9_IoYB8
    Last edited by Maghreb; 04-14-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Link added

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya View Post
    I have a pair that doesn't cover my whole eyelid. I don't know if they exist in longer version. So when I put them on there is a whole bit of eyelid that misses out and it looks weird. Another problem is that the edge scrapes over the other part of my eyelid with each blink. I could cut the corner a bit sloping but the corners already keep peeling off, so the the end bit gets too thin it might not stay on at all. And they are so heavy it's hard to keep my eyes open!

So: any tips? What are the ones you use?
    I don't consider myself an expert and most of the lashes I've used have been (cheap) full lashes (I've learnt from a friend that using good glue rather than the glue that follows the cheaper ones are important to make them stay on), which may need to be shortened if the edge of your eyelid are shorter than the length of the lashes. From your description it sounds like you have half lashes/demi lashes/accent lashes that are shorter in width and are supposed to only cover the outer half or less.

You might find some useful tips on this page: http://blog.falseeyelashessite.com/h...-had-told-you/.

And for the lashes scraping the other part of the lid:
    Are the lashes placed correctly? Some lashes have different shape and have distinct inner/outer end and comes in pairs, others are equal all over.
    Have you considered using lashes with a different shapes/designs? If your current lashes feels too heavy, try some lashes with less density.

You could also try to cut the lashes to place them on different places on the eye lids.

And off course, don't forget to use enough mascara and eye liner and use the eye liner to fill the gap between you natural eye lashes and the false lashes.
    Last edited by Daimona; 04-14-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Amulya, do you use eye liner? Because a liner can really help extend the lash-line so it looks "logical". Or, if the lashes are too long towards the "inner" end, you can trim them shorter, so the transition towards the outer corners is more smooth

Post Thanks / Like

The part that's supposed to sit on the eyelid is really wide and covered with silver glitter, looks really nice, but not when that glitter part abruptly stops somewhere. And adding silver glitter eyeliner doesn't work. So that part with the glitter is quite wide and that is the part that the top fold of the eyelid kind of scrapes over.

Tonight I saw a friend wearing really nice ones, the part that glues on isn't a big strip, it's in fact not even visible and she told me where to get them. But the funny thing was that she said: 'what's wrong with your false lashes? they look good.' No they were just my real ones haha. So I guess I don't need them, but it's fun to just accentuate a little sometimes

Mine are a little like these, the glitter strip is just as wide:
    http://www.manicpanic.biz/store/p/40...YC-Lashes.aspx
    Last edited by Amulya; 04-15-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Aha, the ones with the glitter-line are tricky... maybe you can find a similar glitter liner? I have never used such lashes before, I prefer the "normal" ones that are on a thin line.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to stick with the normal ones too now! And just make glitter liner. I bought Manic Panic glue for glitter and eyelashes so I will be having some fun trying it out

Post Thanks / Like

I know that Urban Decay sells glitter eyeliner and they are really good quality. Eyeliner - Eye Liner | Ulta.com - Makeup, Perfume, Salon and Beauty Gifts

I think the color "glam rock" is the one you'd want. If you want I can pm you a coupon code that I got for this company (if they ship to your location) but I've done this kind before and it is nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks but I already got really good glitter, in all colours possible I even got glow in the dark glitter!

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same trouble with heavy lashes, I felt like my eyes were tired and half closed on stage.

Then I discovered these Eylure NATURALITES Intense #145 (PACK OF 5) False Eyelashes Fake Lashes Black | eBay

I just get them from priceline. If I treat them gently I can 3-4 uses out of one pair. The glue they come with is really good. I do cut the inner corners off a bit as my eyes are a bit smaller than these lashes and that avoids that horrid scratchy feeling.

Once they are on I go over the top with with gel eyeliner to blend them in.

I get lots of compliments on them and I can wear them all day. My favourite style is "intense" but I will get around to trying some of the other styles too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-08-11 13.50.33-1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	9558
    Last edited by Bast; 04-17-2013 at 09:05 AM. Reason: added pic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast