False Eyelashes

Amulya

I have a pair that doesn't cover my whole eyelid. I don't know if they exist in longer version. So when I put them on there is a whole bit of eyelid that misses out and it looks weird. Another problem is that the edge scrapes over the other part of my eyelid with each blink. I could cut the corner a bit sloping but the corners already keep peeling off, so the the end bit gets too thin it might not stay on at all. And they are so heavy it's hard to keep my eyes open!

So: any tips? What are the ones you use?

Daimona

I have a pair that doesn't cover my whole eyelid. I don't know if they exist in longer version. So when I put them on there is a whole bit of eyelid that misses out and it looks weird. Another problem is that the edge scrapes over the other part of my eyelid with each blink. I could cut the corner a bit sloping but the corners already keep peeling off, so the the end bit gets too thin it might not stay on at all. And they are so heavy it's hard to keep my eyes open!

So: any tips? What are the ones you use?

I don't consider myself an expert and most of the lashes I've used have been (cheap) full lashes (I've learnt from a friend that using good glue rather than the glue that follows the cheaper ones are important to make them stay on), which may need to be shortened if the edge of your eyelid are shorter than the length of the lashes. From your description it sounds like you have half lashes/demi lashes/accent lashes that are shorter in width and are supposed to only cover the outer half or less.

You might find some useful tips on this page: http://blog.falseeyelashessite.com/how-to-apply-false-eyelashes-5-tips-you-wish-someone-had-told-you/.

And for the lashes scraping the other part of the lid:
Are the lashes placed correctly? Some lashes have different shape and have distinct inner/outer end and comes in pairs, others are equal all over.
Have you considered using lashes with a different shapes/designs? If your current lashes feels too heavy, try some lashes with less density.

You could also try to cut the lashes to place them on different places on the eye lids.

And off course, don't forget to use enough mascara and eye liner and use the eye liner to fill the gap between you natural eye lashes and the false lashes.

Last edited:

Safran

Amulya, do you use eye liner? Because a liner can really help extend the lash-line so it looks "logical". Or, if the lashes are too long towards the "inner" end, you can trim them shorter, so the transition towards the outer corners is more smooth

Amulya

The part that's supposed to sit on the eyelid is really wide and covered with silver glitter, looks really nice, but not when that glitter part abruptly stops somewhere. And adding silver glitter eyeliner doesn't work. So that part with the glitter is quite wide and that is the part that the top fold of the eyelid kind of scrapes over.

Tonight I saw a friend wearing really nice ones, the part that glues on isn't a big strip, it's in fact not even visible and she told me where to get them. But the funny thing was that she said: 'what's wrong with your false lashes? they look good.' No they were just my real ones haha. So I guess I don't need them, but it's fun to just accentuate a little sometimes :)

Mine are a little like these, the glitter strip is just as wide:
http://www.manicpanic.biz/store/p/406-Starlight-Tish-Snooky-s-NYC-Lashes.aspx

Last edited:

Safran

Aha, the ones with the glitter-line are tricky... maybe you can find a similar glitter liner? I have never used such lashes before, I prefer the "normal" ones that are on a thin line.

Amulya

I think I'm going to stick with the normal ones too now! And just make glitter liner. I bought Manic Panic glue for glitter and eyelashes so I will be having some fun trying it out :)

Amulya

Thanks but I already got really good glitter, in all colours possible :D I even got glow in the dark glitter!

Bast

I had the same trouble with heavy lashes, I felt like my eyes were tired and half closed on stage.

Then I discovered these Eylure NATURALITES Intense #145 (PACK OF 5) False Eyelashes Fake Lashes Black | eBay

I just get them from priceline. If I treat them gently I can 3-4 uses out of one pair. The glue they come with is really good. I do cut the inner corners off a bit as my eyes are a bit smaller than these lashes and that avoids that horrid scratchy feeling.

Once they are on I go over the top with with gel eyeliner to blend them in.

I get lots of compliments on them and I can wear them all day. My favourite style is "intense" but I will get around to trying some of the other styles too.

2012-08-11 13.50.33-1.jpg

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

What I'd like to know is, how do you give false eyelashes a bath without them looking like little drowned spiders when finished? :( I seem to have a lot of trouble with that, and end up ruining quite a few lashes. >.>;;

Safran

I bathe them in oil. I leave them in a small container of oil overnight. When I take them out, I let them drain a bit, then carefully dry them on a tissue and only then start removing the glue. Usually, after a whole night of soaking, the glue comes off pretty easy, so I don't damage the lashes. Then I leave the lashes on a piece of tissue that will soak up all the excess oil. After that I just take a bit of glue and put them back into their packaging...

Suzanne Azhaar

Weary of glue, stripping skin / eyelashes off when removing false eyelashes. Went to Sally's and purchased Ardell magnetic strip lashes. Watched a few youtube videos (had a few laughs) on how to apply and remove. Will try them tomorrow. It would be so awesome if I never had to use glue again.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I'd be interested in your results - I tried falsies a time or two, it wasn't pretty...

Suzanne Azhaar

IMG_0056 (2).JPGIMG_0048 (3).JPGIMG_0049 (2).jpg

Gave myself plenty of time (accepted this is a new product / will be awkward the first dozen times). But no pressure. No performance deadline, or anywhere I have to be.

Gently removed from plastic casing. Attached top lash to bottom, then cut in half for easy of application. Non metal tweezers to hold the upper lash in places while attaching the bottom. (Dropped them several times.)

Definitely worth it. No glue, yay!

Slide finger and thumb in opposing directions, to remove. Whola! Done. No missing eyelashes, skin, or irritation / allergy to deal with.

Verdict- They're amazing! Look nice / comfortable / definitely stage worthy. No allergies to the magnets at this point.

Last edited:

Suzanne Azhaar

Next time I purchase- I'll leave the top lash as one piece. Then cut the bottom lash into three sections. Anchor the ends. Then attach the middle. (Future experiment)